Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: My new radio show
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:35 pm 

poisin ivy wrote:
elieattie88 wrote:
Hey, I've listened to episodes 1,2,6,8,9,10

They are amazing, I want to burn them on CD, Or preferably K7 haha, and go on a long road trip with my friends.

anyways great show. :)

Wow thanks! You listened to all those in their entirety? thanks.... The only episode I don't like is episode 3 cos I was having some sound issues in the studio that morning. My shows lately have been close to 4 hours long each. The fourth episode is the shortest one though as it's only an hour or so.

Anyways right on y'all. ;D I haven't heard Nautilus yet but sounds interesting. I wasn't aware Scott Kelly had his own show either.

hello again, I've listened to ep 7, its great especially the second song you play, anyway can you please tell me its name and by who it is? I sent you a private message asking the same question but it's stuck in my outbox.

looking forward to ep 11

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:55 am 

Thanks y'all for joining me on the live chat this morning.

Would love to see some more listeners tuning in! The podcast for episode 11 will be up sometime later today.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:26 am 

The new podcast has been up for a few days.

Any bands out there wanting to hear there stuff on actual radio feel free to send me some MP3's and a bio. I'm up for airing anyone's music as an encore after my show ends as long as it's heavy sounding stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:01 am 

poisin ivy wrote:

Would love to see some more listeners tuning in!

I bet you would.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:33 am 

My program director told me last night that my show has had the highest ratings so far actually. It keeps building by the week. Even more people tune into the podcasts. Gonna actually be going to Comic-con and we're going to do a live broadcast down there.

Episode 12 coming soon!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:23 am 

What time does 'the show' run again? 2am to 6am? I'm sure you're building that 5 listener base very quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:26 am 

It's alot more than 5... around 70+ and climbing per week.

I also have a second show debuting soon in the Thursday afternoon slot!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:01 pm 

Keep up the good work! Cool to see someone actually doing something for vintage Heavy music. I've got some listening to catch up on. Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:04 pm 

Totally.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:43 pm 

Sorry if this sounds rude, but what the hell does comic con have to do with 70's psych rock music?

other than that I love your show keep it up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:11 pm 

elieattie88 wrote:
Sorry if this sounds rude, but what the hell does comic con have to do with 70's psych rock music?

other than that I love your show keep it up.

No worries. My station (Radio Valencia 87.9 FM) is going down to do a Live broadcast down at Comic-con,and I'm gonna help out. Nothing to do with the format of my show per say but it will help people get exposed to the station,and eventually will help get my show exposed to a bigger audience. I'm actually going to do a vintage comicbook segment on my show soon actually.

There was an obscure 70s Psych band btw by the name of Icarus who did a whole album dedicated to old Marvel comics..

Thanks btw! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:35 pm 

Hello I listened to ep 12 it was great, but can you please post a playlist?, because there are a lot of songs I love but don't know.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:54 pm 

ffinally got to tune in when the show was on live, tonite. I gotta run out forht eve but will tune in to archive when its up. What was the opening band you played tonite, the first couple songs? Amazing stuff! Gonna check out that Wizard movie from 1970 too. Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:25 am 

HeavyEar wrote:
ffinally got to tune in when the show was on live, tonite. I gotta run out forht eve but will tune in to archive when its up. What was the opening band you played tonite, the first couple songs? Amazing stuff! Gonna check out that Wizard movie from 1970 too. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for listening! You heard from the beginning? If so the first band I played was Shadow doing the theme for the movie New Year's Evil...

And yeah The Wizard of Gore movie from 1970..

Also played some Atomic Rooster, Samurai, Cat Stevens(Harold & Maude theme),Budgie,80's kids commercials,etc...

I got some more guests coming on soon too! Bill Pullman's calling me in a month or two.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:23 am 

Yes, I listened from the top of the show but on Sunday's I have to depart at 5:30. Thanks for posting those! Shadow is cool. The songs I were wondering about must have been Atomic Rooster, or whatever the 2nd and 3rd songs on your playlist from the top. The guitar tone was so raw and unique, and lo-fi (prob Atomic) Annnywhooo, I'll check the archives and also tune-in next week.
I just randomly clicked on this one:

http://podcasts.radiovalencia.fm/lava_lamps_and_8_track_theatre/lava_lamps_and_8_track_theatre.2014-03-22.0400.mp3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:28 pm 

HeavyEar wrote:
Yes, I listened from the top of the show but on Sunday's I have to depart at 5:30. Thanks for posting those! Shadow is cool. The songs I were wondering about must have been Atomic Rooster, or whatever the 2nd and 3rd songs on your playlist from the top. The guitar tone was so raw and unique, and lo-fi (prob Atomic) Annnywhooo, I'll check the archives and also tune-in next week.
I just randomly clicked on this one:

http://podcasts.radiovalencia.fm/lava_lamps_and_8_track_theatre/lava_lamps_and_8_track_theatre.2014-03-22.0400.mp3

Okay I had some time tonight to check that playlist,and is this the song?

I played the guitar solo part during my mix,and the song that came after that is this...

Anyways thanks for listening again! :) Gotta mention it's been a wild ride on the air since I've started this thread. I interview and hangout with so many celebrities atm lol,and still on the air after three years. The anniversary of my first airing is on 4/20. Next month I'm getting Tommy Chong back on,and also tune in on April 10th because I'm gonna have special guest Dweezil Zappa coming on!!!!!!! I'm on Free Radio Santa Cruz 101.3FM atm,not Radio Valencia.FM anymore(although I am still a regular live guest DJ on the Ask Dr.Hal show there),and I was also syndicated in Ontario,Canada on Nomad Radio 105.1 at the same time while I was at Radio Valencia for 8 months.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:45 pm 

Thanks but neither of those songs :( The songs\band were the first two you played. Anywhoo, Dweezil! and, T. Chong! Wow, nice scores... I'll be tuning in Apr 10.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:55 am 

HeavyEar wrote:
Thanks but neither of those songs :( The songs\band were the first two you played. Anywhoo, Dweezil! and, T. Chong! Wow, nice scores... I'll be tuning in Apr 10.

Could this be the song your looking for?????

I have to write to Dweezil back this week actually,and I still have the recent podcast I did with MonsterVision host Joe Bob Briggs to put up still.

My show is all the way live.You can give me a call this Sunday when I'm on,and I can put your voice on the air.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:35 am 

You now have 84+ shows archived, and I have listened to #84.
the music was great and that actress lady you interviewed was cool, like your big sis heh.

Would you be so kind as to recommend 2-3 more of those archived shows that I really should check out first.

And yeah, i'm interested in anything weird al if you cross tracks with him some more.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:45 pm 

Thanks! :)

I recommend listening to my latest one with Joe Bob Briggs, #87.

I think I got the live sound finally down right in my recent ones. Certain ones from the past sound lo-fi but that wasn't very intentional. I had some technical difficulties which I had to solve.I haven't done any interviews in a month either. Just been really lazy(and really stoned)to the point I just don't want to do much.

Personally I really enjoyed the episode I did with Chad Channing of Nirvana a few years ago,and I really like the ones with Fresh Kid Ice of 2 Live Crew and Fredo from the Beastie Boys. I think I might revisit my Chad Channing episode this Sunday,but add something different to the sound. I wish I can do more hiphop,90's grunge type episodes. It's hard to pick one lol. I also really enjoyed working on the one with Ernie Isley of The Isley Brothers cos he spoke about Jimi Hendrix,and the mix I did for that was a lot of fun. I did my own mash-up of Ozzy Osbourne VS. Michael Jackson called Crazy Human Nature Train!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:46 pm 

Some interviews are now on Youtube.Editing my podcast site also,but should be back up in a few days.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2