Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Kory Clarke Leaves TROUBLE
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Blabbermouth wrote:
After four years and a minimal amount of touring and no record deal or album release date in sight, singer Kory Clarke (of WARRIOR SOUL fame) has decided to leave Chicago doom metal legends TROUBLE to start a new project with guitarist Russ Strahan (PENTAGRAM, LAND OF DOOM) called THE BONES OF CHILDREN.

"This metal album will be high energy, with a fresh artistic approach to the genre without the limitations of the over-50-something religious crowd," Kory laughs. "It will be so nice to be working without the shackles that a previous singer has left behind of a band that is over 30 years old and acts and sounds like it. I like to do progressive, pushing-the-boundary lyrics in an individualistic style. I don't want to sound like Ozzy, like [TROUBLE's] old singer [Eric Wagner] tried to do. I am also glad when I look to my left on stage from now on I will not be seeing 'Derek Smalls' in my peripheral vision. [Laughs]." He adds, "I just cannot play with people who are fundamentalist Christians, or too family-oriented to the point that they can't tour, do records or knock down a few margaritas with me at the bar. This is rock 'n' roll, guys, not the Family Channel."

THE BONES OF CHILDREN will make its debut release available sometime this fall.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=169358

Post subject: Re: Kory Clarke Leaves TROUBLE
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:58 am 

Four years already? Was a bad idea anyway (and I liked Warrior Soul) and his bad-mouthing is rather silly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:37 pm 

Kory Clarke is such a putz. My band opened for one of his bands a 6 or 7 years ago and he locked himself in the communal band room so he could do coke by himself.

Post subject: Kory Clarke Leaves TROUBLE
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:47 pm 

Woody wrote:
Kory Clarke is such a putz. My band opened for one of his bands a 6 or 7 years ago and he locked himself in the communal band room so he could do coke by himself.

he didnt share? What a fucking ass

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:06 pm 

Bring back Wagner - problem solved

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:49 pm 
Site Admin

The saga continues:

Blabbermouth wrote:
Chicago doom-metal legends TROUBLE have recruited Kyle Thomas as their new singer.

Thomas, former lead vocalist for EXHORDER, FLOODGATE, WITCH, and ALABAMA THUNDERPUSSY, is no stranger to TROUBLE as he previously fronted the band for four live shows between 1997 and 1999, including Stoner Hands Of Doom festival in Maryland (see video below) and Expo Of The Extreme in Chicago. Thomas has also collaborated on projects with members of SLIPKNOT, DOWN, OBITUARY and DEICIDE.

"We are really excited to be working with Kyle again," states Rick Wartell, TROUBLE co-founder/guitarist. "The shows we played with him in the past were very well-received by the fans and now we'll have an opportunity to work with him in the studio on our new record. His vocals are amazing and a perfect fit for the band."

Bruce Franklin, TROUBLE's other co-founder/guitarist, adds, "The history with Kyle and TROUBLE really goes back to his teenage years as he told me that he and Jimmy Bower (of DOWN) would drive around in his old Pinto and listen to TROUBLE. He's an excellent, highly energetic singer and it's great to have him be an official member of the band now."

TROUBLE is currently working on its ninth studio album with Thomas on vocals and plans to release the record this spring.

TROUBLE's current lineup is:

Kyle Thomas (vocals)
Rick Wartell (guitar)
Bruce Franklin (guitar)
Shane Pasqualla (bass)
Mark Lira (drums)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=169379

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:34 pm 

Demon Lung wrote:
Woody wrote:

he didnt share? What a fucking ass

Exactly.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:58 pm 

He's a cunt. Like people are banging down his door for a Warrior Soul Reunion.... Please. You knew what Trouble was when you joined. To call them out now for what they ALWAYS WERE and ALWAYS WILL BE four years after the fact is nothing but lazy and lame.
Have fun going back to your lame assed band that played uber gay assed long island wanna be biker bars once a month..... dick

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]