Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ]
 Post subject: What are you watching on TV now?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:33 am 

Right now the Colbert Report.

Post subject: Re: What are you watching on TV now?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:53 am 

Right now at this moment? nothing.

Otherwise, currently I'm watching Community, just got done with the latest seasons of Bored To Death and The Inbetweeners and slowly making my way through all the seasons of Top Gear.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:26 am 

Regular cable/terrestrial TV? We like Community, 30 Rock, Fringe, Chuck (waning interest), Hawaii 5-0, Mad Men, The Walking Dead (only me on that last one). Currently plowing through Farscape Season 1 on Netflix.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:19 am 

A mix of US and UK:
Big Love
Luther
True Blood
Free Agents
United States Of Tara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:11 pm 

Anything that's not L&O:SVU.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:50 pm 

Modern Family is consistently great. Community, Parks and Rec, and 30 Rock are solid. I still make it a point to watch SNL every week, too (cue the hate). Archer and Sunny on FX.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:19 pm 

Community
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Daily Show/Colbert
Real Time w/Bill Maher
Treme
Curb your Enthusiasm
Boardwalk Empire
Doctor Who

Shows my girlfriend is making me watch:
Bones
Veronica Mars (honestly wasn't bad during the first season but got really lame at the end there)
True Blood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:28 pm 

being human
the event (for unknown reasons)
psych

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:50 am 

recently ditched True Blood (its gone rubbish) and fell behind with The Walking Dead so now I have nothing to watch on tv......been getting through boxsets of Desparate Housewives its my guiltiest pleasure ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:59 am 

Just finished watching Boardwalk Empire, and I'm following the last season of Californication at the moment as well. And together with my friends we're having a weekly Breaking Bad evening, after we previously watched Oz every week.

I'm also anticipating new seasons of

Dexter
True Blood
Mad Men
Weeds
Sons of Anarchy
Spartacus (not one of my favourites, but who can say no to some -- actually a lot of -- nudity and violence)

And the last years I really liked (and completely watched) The Wire, Deadwood, Oz, Six Feet Under, The Sopranos, Coupling, The Office (UK). Some great stuff there :)

Also watched The Walking Dead after reading the comic books, but you can't really compare them I think (also, the storyline isn't the same at all, except for most of the first episode).
I think the comic is much better, it's very dark and it paints a very bleak picture of life in those circumstances. It feels like nobody is ever safe in the comic, and I didn't have that same feeling when watching the series.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:00 pm 

Not really following any series atm, but have Dexter and Breaking Bad to catch up on.

Walking Dead sees maybe one or two more viewings of the new shows of the season. I reluctantly finished last season's genius turned shitfest with hopes with new writers.

Not alot more psyched for Sons of Anarchy new season. Love Brick City as well. Freaks and Geeks, Portlandia with Triple D, Alaskan Troopers, Gold Rush, Conviction Kitchen, No Reservations used to be one of my faves, but dont like the direction he took it the end of last season into this season. Less famine and war torn countries and cities and more drunken debauchery and good food places.

I enjoy Top Chef bigtime..as well as Chopped and Next Food Network Star/Worst Cook.

Colbert & Daily Show, with doses of Robot Chicken/Chelsea Lately for late night

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:30 am 

My girlfriend and I watch Lingo on GSN. Chuck sure says balls a lot.

Lately I've been working on getting her caught up Dexter in attempt that she'll help be get through snooze fest of season two

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:08 am 

Crutch wrote:
My girlfriend and I watch Lingo on GSN. Chuck sure says balls a lot.

Lately I've been working on getting her caught up Dexter in attempt that she'll help be get through snooze fest of season two

Season three doesn't get much better, but FUCK the fourth season is so good.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:05 am 

The only shows I make a point of watching each week are House, Archer, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, and Community. I follow/watch the following, but have either lapsed in my viewing in favor of other activities or watch on my own schedule.

The Office (mostly just waiting for Carrell to leave at this point, show's been pretty terrible for a while)
Chuck (hate to say it, but I'm really starting to lose interest)
Justified (missed the season premiere and haven't gotten around to actually watching it. Backlog of episodes has been building up because of this)
Bones
The Ricky Gervais Show (working through season 1)
Pawn Stars (my only "reality show", there's some really, really cool stuff that people bring in)
An Idiot Abroad
Californication
Real Time with Bill Maher (not really a fan of Bill himself, but his panel is usually pretty good)
The Rachel Maddow Show

Waiting for Weeds, The Walking Dead, and Rescue Me to come back.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:28 pm 

TJ hooker reruns.

This show is amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:34 pm 

House marathon on USA. I've seen this one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:04 am 

Just got done with the original Danish version of The Killing. great fucking show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:04 pm 

/ez wrote:
Just got done with the original Danish version of The Killing. great fucking show.

^^ Is it? I kind of wanted to watch it because of the AMC series. Have you watched that? How similar is it to Twin Peaks?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:18 am 

I haven't watched the AMC remake, but the original isn't at all similar to Twin Peaks. It's just a well written (albeit not flawless) murder mystery set in Copenhagen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:47 pm 

Bosch. Back in business recently. BEST SHOW. Love how they don't spoonfeed you anything, if you can't keep up with the names and chicanery then tuff fucken shit

The Good Place. Totally bonkers premise and 21 minute episodes are fun. Also don't have to look at poor people or ugly people. Set in heaven for the 1% dudley do rights! Although I can't listen to the tall pakistani brit girl without thinking of Russell Brand. She basically is Russell Brand. Russell Brand must watch this show and have a MASSIVE tug. That woman is his PERFECT soulmate. Her accent and voice are just goddamn hypnotic. Executive Summary; that woman is sexfire on a stick.

Killing Eve. damn this is so good. the dialogue is 10/10. something I dont think I have ever written about a telly show

Kidding. new thing with Jim Carrey. approached with much trepidation. if he's gonna do his manic bullshit comedy I'm out but luckily he doesnt and this is so goood. I hardly even think he's acting he seems so fucked in the head these days. Plus the kids in this are total misanthropic nutjobs which is an unexpected bonus. **SPOILER** final episode, my kingdom for a GIF/youtube clip of the Japanese intern, having been told 3 episodes ago by Carrey that "Allah Akbar" means peace or freedom or some shit, rushing the stage to light the Xmas tree and shrieking "Allah Akbar!" as he pushes a giant button. OH FUCK. Had to push pause and have a full-blown joy aneurysm all up and down my dick for the next 3 minutes after that

Upstart Crow. brit comedy written by Ben Elton with David Mitchell as Shakespeare before he got famous. Shades of Elton's form in Blackadder, the writing is so good. Shakesy Mitchell does the "doth thou" shit then biffs in lines like "I'm not going bald. I've just got a big brain."

Toast of London. totally absurd daft comedy. REQUIRED VIEWING iHOMO
www1.swatchseries.to/serie/toast_of_london I think it's the bloke from....

Fleabag. This savage brit comedy is killing it. Usually the cringey stuff is not my bag but this thing is just bonkers. Possibly the crudest telly show I have ever seen.

Chernobyl. Finally made it to the end of the 1st episode. Having quit twice during the fucking thing. Not keen on the upcoming goddamn Burn Clinic episodes. Fantastically well made telly show but, call me presumptuous, I just cannot shake the feeling that there is a certain underlying "heaviness" to the subject matter. Youtube has an accompanying podcast for each episode. good value.

BARRY

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 20 posts ]