Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Electric Wizard in Europe
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:30 pm 

For all the Euros here I strongly advise you to see the Wizard live (but then again, most of you are planning too anyway), their power of mondays set here in Antwerp, Belgium was a rare one, not one you see at any given show. First of all, they play, as they should, loud. And I mean loud. Definitely one of the loudest bands I have heard (and I've seen My Bloody Valentine a couple years back) but still with so much definition. When you listen closely to the riffs you can tell the difference between older songs and newer songs (if you don't recognize the riff that is), the newer ones are far more varied but also more entertaining. They do mix-up it up quite nicely so even when they switch to an older song you get a cohesive piece with different parts. Oborn and Buckingham are an amazing duo with a guitar tone that almost had me drool. And then you have Tas, their new-ish bassplayer who is credited on Black Masses with "necrobass", that description is not even pushing it. And not to forget, their drummer hits his drum really hard, earthshaking hard. Anyway they showed without any doubt why they are considered one of the top doom bands worldwide.

Post subject: Re: Electric Wizard in Europe
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:37 pm 

awfully jealous (in California).....................

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]