Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 25 posts ]
 Post subject: Sheer Mag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:17 pm 

Yay or nay?

The few songs I've heard I like well enough. Decent, catchy tunes. Don't know much about 'em other than that, but it seems like they're poised reach the kind of band of the moment hype that The Sword once had.

Post subject: Re: Sheer Mag
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:33 pm 

If you actually listen to that you have shit magnets for ears.
If you actually watch that you also have pus holes for eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:37 pm 

Okay, I'm going to put you down as a "nay".

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:13 am 

Shit Mags

Watching 30 seconds of that feces makes me feel like the "Golden Age" of SR was 100 years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:43 pm 

Decent young band, seen them live a couple times, will continue to do so. They always play gigs with other established and up-and-coming female-involved bands in my town, it's a pretty big scene. That always results in a good turnout and a fun show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:08 pm 

Josh wrote:
Okay, I'm going to put you down as a "nay".

HAHA!

Yeah, based on the first 90 seconds of the video, I'm also a nay. I can't exactly say why, but I know I don't like the vocals. Also, something just doesn't seem right with the band. I'm not interested enough to try and figure it out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:07 pm 

A good female fronted band? Might i suggest ACID KING?!?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:52 pm 

LOL

Since when did Melissa McCarthy join a band?

Hmmm I dunno if it's yay or nay though. It seems mediocre to me,but the vox are funny.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:35 am 

I've streamed the album a few times now and I think it's solid summer rock album. Ok, yeah, the singer.. she sounds kind of like Eric Cartman imitating Joan Jett, but I find it more funny than annoying. The vox are understandably a deal breaker for some, but if you like Thin Lizzy-ish guitars and songs with hooks, it's worth a listen.

How's that for a overwhelmingly compelling endorsement? Heh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:27 am 

Dood. Just stop. No amount of MinWax is gonna make that shine.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:44 am 

libertycaps wrote:
Dood. Just stop. No amount of MinWax is gonna make that shine.

People are entitled to their own opinions, if you don't like it, go argue on Audiosnob.com

I'm sure you listen to some nonsense that the rest of us would be utterly repulsed and embarrassed by.

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:47 am 

Good to know the forum has its very own White Knight. You were more entertaining in yer shaved head self righteously Buddha twat phase.

The OP asked for opinions and i gave one. If your snowflake ass doesn't like it? Go run and hide in yr "Safe Space."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:36 am 

libertycaps wrote:
Good to know the forum has its very own White Knight. You were more entertaining in yer shaved head self righteously Buddha twat phase.

The OP asked for opinions and i gave one. If your snowflake ass doesn't like it? Go run and hide in yr "Safe Space."

And you were much more entertaining when you were still pretending that you were British ;)

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:45 pm 

Sod off, wanker.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:33 pm 

If it's true that things go in 20 year cycles, a second return to SR glory days of 1998-2003 are just around the corner. But based on this band, we still have a few more years to go.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:27 am 

I never meant to imply that Sheer Mag was the sign of a great stoner rock revival. They're not. I just noticed that they were receiving a fair amount of hype and decided to give my take on them.

I'm more interested in restarting activity and interesting discussion on this here message board.

I CHALLENGE ALL TO DO THE SAME!

P.S. -- I fondly recall libertycaps' and Mr. T's exchanges in convincing Rastafarian, back in the Olde Daze. Before libertycaps entered his limey wanker phase and torturing poor, uh, damn, I can't remember his handle. (EDIT: JayODoom?) The depressed Brit communist guy who loved doom and would champion Steven Segal's martial arts abilities with great passion. Heh. He was alright.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:52 pm 

Heh. Va-Jay-Jay-o-Douche wasn't English, he was Scouse. What a laugh and what a fuckin' tosser. S'all good, mang. You "get it." Oh. And take the internets seriously at yr own risk.

TGIF. Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:29 pm 

I saw these guys open up for Power Trip last weekend. Went in with an open mind, but man...they were weak. The band was decent enough but the singer gave nothing. Stood there, 'sang,' didn't say a word then bolted before the final notes had finished. Needless to say Power Trip absolutely wiped the floor with them...I've never been at a show with that level of pandemonium. It was a little like seeing Slayer in '86. Not sure how Sheer Mag has endured a whole tour, because I felt embarrassed for the band.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:16 pm 

Nothing wrong with having the backbone to say something sucks if it fuckin' sucks.
The world would be a much better place if all PC snowflakes fucked off permanently.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:43 am 

"Sucks" is an ignorant description of anything.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:17 pm 

Yeah. I wasn't sure if I was being admonished for not being harsh enough. Like I said, the band was ok, didn't love the singer. Sucks doesn't say a lot about anything.

Now Power Trip, holy jeebus. That was a top 5 show, all-time. Those guys are on top of their game right now.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:30 pm 

Shit Bags. Whatever. This band sucks.

Last edited by libertycaps on Sat May 26, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:04 am 

rube wrote:
Now Power Trip, holy jeebus. That was a top 5 show, all-time. Those guys are on top of their game right now.

This package will be here on Tuesday. Power Trip had a huge amount of accolades pointed their way last year, but I just kind of found it middling thrash. I guess though with a lot of thrash bands, you don't really see how truly great they are until you see them live (I'm seeing D.R.I. for the first time tomorrow). That part of next week is kind of hairy for me so I'll have to see, but thanks for the tip. It's sure to sell out (as most everything fucking does in Portland nowadays, grrrr).

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:06 am 

Yeah - check it out if you can, Red. Curious to know what you think. I’m seeing the Slayer/Anthrax/Testament show Tuesday.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:26 am 

Check out Grave Turner - https://graveturner.bandcamp.com/

2 dudes from Sheer Mag

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 25 posts ]