Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Please explain all of your tattoos here
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:43 am 

Buddy of mine designed and tattoo'd my two. One, stripped down to its essence, is a goat skull, because goat skulls are cool. The other's a sort of Maori-style mask. Not what I had originally intended (wanted something cribbed off of Ufomammut), but it too is cool.

Looking forward to next year, when bonus and tax refund aren't pre-spent on home improvement projects, so I can have more work done on them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:46 am 

I have a simple Swastika, because I hate the Jews so much.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:01 am 

you mean love the native americans, right?

explain...all my tattoos? sorry, didn't get 'em for you folks.

they include a band of DNA around my right arm (a tribute, among other things, to my father, and ancestors in general, going back down the line past humanity and primates), a large bar code on my left shoulder (first tattoo - was a joke, when i was 17, about the commodification of life, i suppose it still is. if there was a tattoo i'd get rid of, it'd be that one), the big round quetzalcoatl from neurosis's enemy of the sun album on my lower back (i'd been big into mayan+aztec mythology and imagery for a while and had been trying to figure out how to redesign a particular quetzalcoatl into a circle, and then saw the vinyl, and there it was! not a huge fan of the album, incidentally), and a compass rose with two ironwood trees twining around the north point dead center on my chest (wedding tattoo, my wife's got the same one, bigger, on her back)...

and there's like 20 more. mostly mayan and other ancient and nature stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:18 am 

Explain my tattoos?

I've got "HATE" tattooed on my left knuckles, "DEATH" tattooed into the web of my left hand and "FTW" on my left wrist.

I can only explain them by saying I'm right handed, and did them when I was 15, drunk and full of teenage stupidity & bravado and possessed a #11 scalpel blade and some biro ink.

The ink's mostly faded now, but the scars on my knuckles stands out well enough to read when it gets cold, and you can see the others if you know where to look.

If I had money back then, I'd probably be covered in professionally done, but equally stupid tattoos by now. Then again, I'm the only one of my friends that hasn't got a professional tattoo, but the only one that has got "Jailies"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:25 pm 

I have two. Not posting pics of my flabby flesh. One is the a mermaid holding a shield and dagger. The symbol of Warsaw Poland. The other is on the nape of my neck. It's from a 15th century Chinese tapestry. Two birds copulation in mid air. It was a birthday present.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:34 pm 

I'm certainly not fierce dude tattoo inclined, so I have this William Bradley (Beardsley-esque) on my left chest (the heart...you know).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:28 am 

I was always fascinated by tattoos. I personally have 2 tattoos. A simple wolf on my leg and coy fish on the cuff. But I seriously want more. I already have ideas about what I want, smth like these ones http://inkprofy.com/compass-tattoo-desi ... -meanings/

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:03 pm 

Hi! I have only one tat. It small poppy flowers. How you find a good sketches? I try to find smf interesting, but found only this http://flowertattooideas.com/50-waterco ... y-tattoos/ Maybe I should to create some art myself?

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 3:59 pm 

I've seen 1 or 2 tattoos that really impressed me. One lived on Fantasy Island.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:12 pm 

Speaking of rabbits... I have Bugs Bunny, from the waist up, popping out of my anus, chewing on a carrot, with a caption that says, "What's up, Doc?" ... Not looking forward to those prostate exams. I figure it will lighten the mood?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2