Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:58 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: A Player's life. The Musician blog thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:36 am 

I'll start. I am working on restoring this sorely neglected house and property. when I do serious stonework or cutting through sod or whatever other heinous project I need to do, my hands are useless for playing guitar or my arm muscles are too dorked out...

final answer: all musicians should have landscapers automatically assigned to them

Post subject: Re: A Player's life. The Musician blog thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:35 am 

today is "Fryday" and the world is a convection oven. Fuck the marble chips and the killer ants by the tree I am trying to get landscaped. "To the Batcave!!!" "Work on tunes!!!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Jarkko. I just got here myself, but welcome. We get to be the bringers of the dawn of the new day in the club.
When I saw your immaculate rig picture, it gave me an idea. I have been planning on restarting the "Show off your rigs round 2" thread for a fresh start.
But I don't have my playing out rig together yet beyond like combos.

your rig is sweet and that is my idea of what sort of thing I would like to see when first opening the "show off your rigs" thread. Would you start the "show off your rigs part 2" or w/e thread and link your rig? It is like a mini matt pike rig, except way neater.

If you would rather not start any threads, I can still start it, and just link your rig to start it up right.

BTW, Your DIY stuff is really nice. so clean....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:40 am 

does anyone else sort of breath a sigh of relief when the string you just broke is a G or an A?
heh, I do. just broke a G. I have enough spare G, A and low E strings that I actually throw them away every once in a while when I pile up too many.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:43 pm 

walking a fine line between working on the house and playing instruments regarding what amount of abuse my hands can take. I would hate to start getting some kind of arthritis from totally overworking the joints or carpal tunnel troubles, but shit has to be done, and instruments have to be practiced. dammit.

...high school marching band practice has started. I can hear the drums at the practice field which is a couple-3 miles from the hacienda here. maybe it is time to let them hear 4000watts from 4 crown and QSC PA amps and 12 speakers.

here is my biggest crown amp, an x3000, used for $150
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Crown/X3000-Stereo-2x750W-Power-Amp.gc

it weighs a ton, but that giant toroidal transformer wont buckle when big current demands happen.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:14 am 

I hope I didn't scare jarrko haha, but he has music services and exposure is the best way to get people to see your offerings. so jarrko, say hello once in a while to keep that link in our face.

I will be busy until end of sept, but then I will get really busy in here.
I still make time to practice keys for an hour or two and guitar for an hour every day even if I cant work on music or listening to music much.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:57 am 

yeah, I have to be MIA. I had a couple things to do in the music room, plus I had summer all planned out, so when my main PC died in May, I wasn't concerned and decided to wait as long as possible before replacing it. so I did absolutely no work on music all summer long. I only practiced playing.

I just got a new nice PC and it will take me some time to put all my stuff back together and organize my backed up data from the dead horse and the laptop. so I figured since my music setup was on hold due to the PC, I would take care of a few other things in my music room that need everything torn apart to be done (like put wheels under my main work table, reorganizing the amp stack, etc)

so, I am just checking in. Mortay, if you lurk this, say hi.

rocktober will soon be here and i'll be rocking out more fearsome than ever heh. plus I have a mountain of projects, pictures, songs etc that I just haven't had the pc to get all that online, also no time...

ps, anyone look at those new Mitchell electric guitars yet? they look like they were made by Schecter, which is a good thing IMO if they are similar quality. the string-thru with the coil taps looks interesting. I'm still jonesing for the single coil $600 old skool tele. that baby is next on my radar. boy does that thing sound nice(many playings at the GC, "oh yes, someday, someday it will be mine.")

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:49 am 

I can't access this site via Tapatalk on my phone so haven't been around.

Hope to return from Christmas/NY vacation with my family with a proper USB interface so I can begin home recording again. Already plan to have a new Ocean of Stars EP ready for SXSW 2017.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:44 pm 

3 years ago, I had one delay pedal and got all my drive from the amp. Now I have two amps and a monster pedal board. I don't play any better - I just have more variations in sound. Not sure if this is progress, regress or a sideways move. Maybe life is chaos and none of this matters. Back to rocking out. Carry on.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]