Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Cactus-s/t (1970)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:43 am 

Solid power trio + singer Blues Rock from 1970. Crank it up and have another beer.

Post subject: Re: Cactus-s/t (1970)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:21 am 

I have a burned cd of this with Man's Be Good To Yourself At Least Once A Day on the end. Odd combo.

On vinyl I only have Restrictions which my dad didn't even have. Occasionally I get those trump cards I can throw in his face.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:48 am 

I'd enjoy coming across a clean copy of Restrictions. It's alot of fun to hit the used bins and ebay for these obscure-ish old records and finding them. Doing pretty well lately and it's not breaking the bank. (Shit load better than wasting my cash on intangibles...like chasing the pu nanny and bubblegum, heh.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:19 pm 

libertycaps wrote:
I'd enjoy coming across a clean copy of Restrictions. It's alot of fun to hit the used bins and ebay for these obscure-ish old records and finding them. Doing pretty well lately and it's not breaking the bank. (Shit load better than wasting my cash on intangibles...like chasing the pu nanny and bubblegum, heh.)

I'd love to find that one for Evil alone -- that would sound unbelievable coming out of a great setup. I found the S/T years ago at a Goodwill for a buck. It was in horrific shape, but it's the sort of record that doesn't really sound worse for it. Parchman Farm blew my mind, it's just completely off the rails.

libertycaps--have you ever posted at length about your turntable/amp/speaker setup? I'm going to want to upgrade in a few years when I've got the cash and need to start reading up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:06 pm 

Cheers for the cool reply, man!

Current "A" Solid State analog signal chain set-up is:
Cart/Stylus: Denon DL-110 (MC)
TT: Yamaha YP-D8
Amp: Sansui 990DB (~125 watts per)
EQ: dbx 3BX III (An early 80's Japanese market only piece of equipment. It's alot of blinky lights fun and helps you find the "Sweet Spot" in any recording, regardless of how the source was mastered. Recommended. Highly. Not all EQ's are evil/not audiophile imho.)
Speakers: Klipsch Chorus II's (Modified with Bob Crites networks AKA crossovers & Titanium tweeter diaphragms.)
Sub: Powered 12" woofer semi knock-off brand that i'm not proud of....heh.

Not cheap, but not crazy $$$$$ either. Like buying a house, i'd agree that buying as much quality audio as you can afford is where the smart money's at. I've been slowly adding pieces/mods/upgrades for the past 8 years or so. It takes alot of time and patience. Stay the fuck out of Big Box stores. Don't be a douche. Don't be Jerry the Race Car Driver about home audio. And def don't expect your girlfriend/wife to understand one little bit. Like myself, you may be forced into having to choose one. Women are jealous of their own shadows. The choice was easy for me. Heh.

Last edited by libertycaps on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:46 pm 

Was antiquing with my GF in a cool post-industrial town in upstate Ct. and saw this album as well as 'Restrictions' for sale. I didn't get them (bought Peter Banks Flash and Amazing Blondel vinyl instead) but I imagine they're still there...waiting for me.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]