Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:24 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:39 am 

My second favourite thrash album, the pure raw aggression of this album just fucking slays me. I'd take it over Slayer's Reign In Blood for this style of thrash. Awesome freakin' drumming, and those cascading riffs and frenetic fretword just really touch the inner Dinger.

I was here, but I dis-appare. You can get it if you really want, but you must try, try and try, you succeed at last.

Post subject: Re: Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:50 pm 

truly a titanic slab of thrash, I got to see Durkin's new band Dreams of Damnation back in '05 with Nuclear Assault/Razor/Anvil/Piledriver and the dude absolutely fuckin' flies on the fretboard, monstrous

if you like the riff frenzy of an album Time Does Not Heal you'll be interested to hear that all the guitars are tracked by none other than Gene Hoglan himself

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:46 am 

Nuclear Assault/Razor/Anvil/Piledriver on the same bill? Jeezus, I think my head would explode. I would love to see Piledriver and Thor go head to head.

I need to reacquaint myself with this Dark Angel tape. I got to see them with Possessed on this tour in Rochester in front of literally 5 people. Both bands were incredible. Got drunk as shit with Dark Angel's manager and Larry LaLonde of Possessed talking about Frank Zappa. Also got to meet the amazing Debbie Abono (R.I.P.) this night.

Gene Hoglan's a great drummer and am very happy that he's still kicking ass.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:48 pm 

Diz-Buster wrote:
truly a titanic slab of thrash, I got to see Durkin's new band Dreams of Damnation back in '05 with Nuclear Assault/Razor/Anvil/Piledriver and the dude absolutely fuckin' flies on the fretboard, monstrous

if you like the riff frenzy of an album Time Does Not Heal you'll be interested to hear that all the guitars are tracked by none other than Gene Hoglan himself

Dark Angel and Possessed in front of 5 people? Man, that's insane, most metalheads would kill for a chance to have seen that lineup back in the day...

I was here, but I dis-appare. You can get it if you really want, but you must try, try and try, you succeed at last.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:12 pm 

My favorite thrash album. This is so heavy it is unbelievable.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]