Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Bang Boxset - Bullets
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:05 pm 

A really well done boxset. I'm enjoying all of the Bang releases, though nothing compares to the s/t and Mother.Bow To The King. The albums still are pretty darn good, rockin'.

I'd like to see more "obscure" bands with a few albums get released this way. Nice booklet aswell that comes with it.

However, the only disagreement I have with it, is i find that they are not the US's answer to Black Sabbath as stated. Great hard rock though.

Post subject: Re: Bang Boxset - Bullets
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:59 am 

Still waiting for my copy having ordered it from Rise Above two months ago. The comments from disgruntled folks in that SR.com thread about them and their 'customer service' all came true.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:38 pm 

Which is why I went through ATIH. I couldn't stand the thought of waiting 2 months for cd's to come.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:20 pm 

I've had good service from ATIH, and I can excuse the delays from them as its thousands of miles away. RA are in the same country, but can't be arsed responding to a simple "It's been 6 weeks, where my order I've spent over £50 on?" email. You think if you give the money direct to the company, it's helping them more, and they'd give a shit about actually looking after their customers, especially as I could have saved quite a bit if I'd ordered from Amazon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:34 pm 

someone else wrote:
I've had good service from ATIH, and I can excuse the delays from them as its thousands of miles away. RA are in the same country, but can't be arsed responding to a simple "It's been 6 weeks, where my order I've spent over £50 on?" email. You think if you give the money direct to the company, it's helping them more, and they'd give a shit about actually looking after their customers, especially as I could have saved quite a bit if I'd ordered from Amazon.

That is quite pathetic. To wait that long is just terrible. They should refund your money and still give you the boxset.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:11 pm 

I really want this, but have all the music already. Is it worth it just for the booklet and whatever else there might be in this?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:40 am 

winoguy wrote:
I really want this, but have all the music already. Is it worth it just for the booklet and whatever else there might be in this?

Oddly enough, I have had this for awhile, and have not read the booklet. But it is 40 pages. I should really take a peek at it. The mini-lps are always very cool to me, aswell.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:46 am 

big fan of this release. very well done.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]