Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Resonator Guitars, who's got one?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:07 pm 

I'm thinking about getting a metal bodied resonator guitar with my tax return. I'd like to know what your experiences have been with yours or ones you've looked at. If you have a "budget" model I'd like to know how it stacks up against more expensive guitars. I'm looking at Regals in the $500 range. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Resonator Guitars, who's got one?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:33 pm 

I have one. Used to own a gibson hound dog model. Not the one they sell at guitar center, but one of the first releases that was better quality. I sold it tho. Now I have one that a friend gave me. It's a regal. Probably a midrange model, but it's better than the gibson. Funny because it has a neck repair and I have a feeling that it's better after the repair. Nice low action, which seems to be rare on a resonator. I like the round neck types, because they play like a regular guitar. The square necks are for slide only, and I find that limiting. Ya know, why bother unless you're strictly playing bluegrass. This one I have now is the same type cone as my other one; a spider cone I think it's called. It's the one you want for country or bluegrass. It was free, so I like it well enough, but the sweet ones for bluesy stuff are the biscuit cones. I have a friend who has the $2000 National, all metal with a biscuit cone and it's way, way better sounding than any other I've tried. That's all I know

Post subject: Re: Resonator Guitars, who's got one?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:37 am 

i always thought those guitars were cool as fuck..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]