Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: The project thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:19 pm 

What's on your list of projects, or projects you've been working on?

Just successfully fixed my tremolo pedal. All I did was replace the battery and poke around on the board, starting working again. Sweet!

Tried a similar tactic on my stricken Crybaby. No dice. Signal passes thru but nothing when wah is engaged. Well shit.

Currently treating the fretboard of my '79 Iceman with lemon oil, then will re-string and check intonation. Will be playing some guitar again, yay.

Still need to fix switch issues with Paul Stanley Iceman.

Still waiting on friend to translate a Bass Crybaby schem to a layout, so I can just build a damn clone of one and use better parts.

Marshall may be on the fritz, second hand power tubes may finally be starting to go.

Still haven't had time or need to have LP Studio re-setup after the 2nd headstock break awhile back.

Post subject: Re: The project thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:55 pm 

I had posted this on another forum. I didn't do the mod, just came up w/ the concept and took it to a local guy for the work.

I had my Chandler lap steel's nut/tuning posts modified (a second time) to accept .075 .065, .050, .040, .030, and .022 gauge strings. I had tried a .065 for the low string, but it didn't have enough tension. I can now tune her to low C, G, C, E, G, C. This puts her into the baritone range.

She sounds fat as hell now, holds the new tuning, and the lower register sounds like a deisel gear-braking.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:49 pm 

I have to figure out why the E flat keys on my Farfisa won't work....i'd bought it pretty cheap and knew that going in, but i've usually just otherwise avoided playing the E flat or have got creative in ways around using it. It's probably a transistor, but i'll have to check to see which one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:09 am 

Maybe this is getting out of the project phase, but building Pharaoh pedals as fast as I can. Demand is getting out of hand...so much so that my other projects are getting put off. Which are: a.) After fixing a power issue in a friend's Sunn Spectrum, I have to replace the tube sockets..B.) I have a breadboarded circuit that I am going to put into production when I have a moment to do so, It's a FF variant with a few twists, most notably a baxandall tone control and a FAC switch to control low end. and C.) An amp I've been working out with an ace designer, it is based on a 72ish OR 120 preamp into a late 60's Sunn power amp. On paper, it's a monster.

http://blackartstoneworks.blogspot.com/

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]