Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: NJ Agrarian Doom-Rock Band Seeks Bass)))
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:20 pm 

NJ is a pretty cool state to live in. We have lots of great history here. Lot's of cool things happened in NJ. Washington crossed the Delaware and sacked the Hessians, the Hindenburg went down in a ball of flames, aliens touched down in Grover's Mills in the Mercury Radio Theatre broadcast of 'War of the Worlds', Edison first recorded sound!. What I'm saying is, if you're looking for inspiration and you wanna escape the 'Jersey Shore' scene, it's very easy thing to do. The problem here is, if you wanna put together a solid Doom band, there are only about 5 Doomsters living in the entire state as far as I can tell. As for their pedigree, I can not vouch for all of them. Nonetheless, a righteous and proper young lad, that I can vouch for, and myself have formed a proper Doom band called 'Yeoman' which celebrates everything it means to be a hard-working, tenacious, sanguine, virtuous man in the world today. If you consider yourself such a person and play bass and find yourself in close proximity to Central Jersey, follow the link below. We have hours of material we are working with that really call for some bass guitar. I don't think we can go the guitar & drum duo route if you know what I mean. Follow the link below, inquire with in and we'll send you some tracks we're working on.
~Thanks & Cheers
http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/muc/3542034095.html

Last edited by SmallpoxSatan on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: NJ Agrarian Doom-Rock Band Seeks Bass)))
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:58 pm 

wow. I dig a lot of the influences you list. I, too, didn't think anyone else in Jersey was into all this stuff. Whereabouts in Jersey are you?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:17 pm 

We both live in Brick on the ,kind of Ocean/Monmouth County border. We rehearse on Rt. 9 in Howell presently. Do you play bass?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:31 pm 

ehhh...i own a bass, wouldn't go so far as to say I play bass.
I would totally jam with you guys, but my wife and I just welcomed our first son recently. With work and family, no can do.
Keep me posted somehow if you guys get something going and start playing shows.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]