Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:47 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 70 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:15 pm 

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 2
What's the shit? I've been digging the Germanium Big Muff. Want a Zvex Fuzz Factory.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:58 pm 

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:43 pm
Posts: 122
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada
I'm really interested in Way Huge's Swollen Pickle, MXR Classic 108 Fuzz or Catalinbread's Merkin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:39 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:12 pm
Posts: 512
Location: London
I use a USA Big Muff, but I recently tried a pedal my friend made which is a fuzz face copy (ish) and I might get him to make me one, it sounded pretty awesome

_________________
http://www.facebook.com/Stubbrock
http://www.peanutbuttercustoms.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:04 pm 

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:51 pm
Posts: 484
Location: Columbus, OH
Sanford & Sonny Blue Beard has been my main fuzz for a few years. Recently added the germanium OX Fuzz and dig it a lot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:42 pm
Posts: 566
Location: Motor Shitty
Alex, is the new Germanium Big Muff worth grabbing post haste?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:32 pm
Posts: 1
My buddy Ben is making some nice fuzz: http://www.benadrian.com/pedals/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:54 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:42 pm
Posts: 566
Location: Motor Shitty
Those look cool Goose...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:03 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 61
i'm to lazy to try any new ones, i just stick with a big muff and crank my amp


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:48 pm 

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:36 pm
Posts: 189
Tone Wicker Big Muff, it has some nast, and some noise, but that fuckin' tone knob out of the mix makes me a happy man. Needs more mids, still.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:49 am 

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 478
Location: western ny
i run my bass through a zvex woolly mamoth..killer fuzz bass tone..
at one point i was playing an upright bass and i ran it through the mamoth..it was controlable only because of the noise gate built into the pedal. fuck..look out when you drag a bow across that thing and put it through an ampeg..nothing in the world like the sound of a bowed upright bass through a fuzz pedal.

_________________
sent from my moms laptop..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:14 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:41 pm
Posts: 549
Location: Sonora California
"nothing in the world like the sound of a bowed upright bass through a fuzz pedal."

Ha! I bet that sounds killer!

_________________
http://www.tastelikedirt.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:35 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:04 pm
Posts: 74
Location: Louisiana
Goosman thanks for the heads-up on the Ben Adrian pedals.
Cool stuff!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:23 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 61
mortlock wrote:
i run my bass through a zvex woolly mamoth..killer fuzz bass tone..
at one point i was playing an upright bass and i ran it through the mamoth..it was controlable only because of the noise gate built into the pedal. fuck..look out when you drag a bow across that thing and put it through an ampeg..nothing in the world like the sound of a bowed upright bass through a fuzz pedal.



doesn't the woolly have a octave down effect?

i looked at those when they first came out years back, and i think thats what kept me from getting it, like it wasn't switchable


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:24 pm 

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 1
I run my OXFUZZ Bass into my '69 Sunn Sonaro, with Sunn 215 cab.. Thunderous!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:27 pm 

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 478
Location: western ny
peyotepeddler wrote:
mortlock wrote:
i run my bass through a zvex woolly mamoth..killer fuzz bass tone..
at one point i was playing an upright bass and i ran it through the mamoth..it was controlable only because of the noise gate built into the pedal. fuck..look out when you drag a bow across that thing and put it through an ampeg..nothing in the world like the sound of a bowed upright bass through a fuzz pedal.



doesn't the woolly have a octave down effect?

i looked at those when they first came out years back, and i think thats what kept me from getting it, like it wasn't switchable

mine doesnt..it has it has your basic volume/tone/fuzz knobs with a 4th noisegate knob that allows you to have maximum overdrive without feedingback.

_________________
sent from my moms laptop..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:33 pm 

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:54 am
Posts: 987
Fuzz Factory is pretty cool

A really cool one is the Deep Trip Kryptone. It's based on a Tonebender, and uses NOS germanium transistors. It's not cheap, but it's super fucking awesome.....the "mood" knob is a bias that moves it from wild and unhinged, to compressed and squishy sounding. But at all ranges, it has an excellent clarity on individual notes that otherwise get lost in Muff and Muff variant type circuits. It also has two voicing toggle switches that give it more bass/ mids/ treble as well as better compatibility before or after a wah....usually I have to put my wah after fuzz to get it to cut through. I just checked the Deep Trip site and they've stopped production on everything for now, but are going to redo some of the pedals. If you can find one, get it.....they may be sought after by collectors in the future. I can't see why not.

http://analogwarcry.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... art-1.html

I'd modified a Big Muff that i'd had--I call it the Mega Muff. There's a bias control, various diode configurations (1N34A germanium, 1N4007/ 1N4001 rectifiers, LED, no diode), tone stack lift (tone stack modded to triangle specs), clipping threshold knobs and other stuff on it. It took a long time to do everything and to wire it up, but the bonus is that the Muff's box is so big that it can handle all the extra goodies.

Needless to say, I fucking love fuzz.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:41 am 

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:38 am
Posts: 202
I love the Earthbound Supercollider although I use that more like a distortion than a fuzz.

I have a Red Witch Fuzz God which sounds absolutley ace with my strat but like total balls with anything with humbuckers...

Pretty keen to get a Creepy Fingers pedal next but trouble is trying to figure out which one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:22 pm 

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:38 am
Posts: 80
my earthquaker devices hoof fuzz suits me fine

_________________
http://planetoftheapehangers.blogspot.com
http://www.myspace.com/bulletwolf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:08 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:03 pm
Posts: 11
Location: Los Angeles/Inland Empire
i currently use a boss ds1 with a big muff mod. it sounds great. i've got a buddy who just started making his own pedals and his first pedal which has an octave and fuzz should be done this week. i'm really excited to try it out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:36 pm 

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:54 am
Posts: 987
Pure Rock Casey wrote:
I have a Red Witch Fuzz God which sounds absolutley ace with my strat but like total balls with anything with humbuckers...


Agreed. The Fuzz God II is really awesome with the oscillation and craziness that it's capable of, but it reminds me alot of a bit of a souped up Muff (smooth silicon sustain), albeit with oscillation and capability of weird, squelching noises. Some have put the FGII in the same category as the Fuzz Factory, but the FF is characterized more by lots of treble.....I think that the two pedals really only have the oscillation in common.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:01 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 898
Location: Boston, MA
Image

i like my muff black, and i ain't just talkin' about my pedal, IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

_________________
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:49 pm 

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:54 am
Posts: 987
^^^ Did you see the rise in the prices on Black Muffs shortly after they were discontinued? I think that they've settled down, but guys were charging like, $100-$200 for 'em. I think that people saw what happened to the Green Russian Muffs and then thought that the same thing would happen to the black ones. Maybe it will in the future, but the thing that made the Green Russians so valuable was that they were cheap as shit and people threw 'em out or didn't have any stockpile.....when they thought that about the black ones, they may have paid lots for them after the discontinuation, but when there was no real shortage of 'em (dealer blowouts, stock blowouts), I think that there's a person or three with 20 black Russians that are feeling a tad swindled right now, ha ha.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:10 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 898
Location: Boston, MA
Ryan Electrocution wrote:
^^^ Did you see the rise in the prices on Black Muffs shortly after they were discontinued? I think that they've settled down, but guys were charging like, $100-$200 for 'em. I think that people saw what happened to the Green Russian Muffs and then thought that the same thing would happen to the black ones. Maybe it will in the future, but the thing that made the Green Russians so valuable was that they were cheap as shit and people threw 'em out or didn't have any stockpile.....when they thought that about the black ones, they may have paid lots for them after the discontinuation, but when there was no real shortage of 'em (dealer blowouts, stock blowouts), I think that there's a person or three with 20 black Russians that are feeling a tad swindled right now, ha ha.


i had no idea. i've used the black muff for awhile now. i think it's a little more "metal" sounding than the other muffs. i didn't even know they were discontinued. i have an old broken green one as well sitting in my closet.

_________________
Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:38 am
Posts: 652
Location: Albuquerque, NM
I'm using the D*A*M Meathead one-knobber.

I love that little pedal.

_________________
DooM


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fuckin' Fuzz Pedals
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:16 am 
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:12 am
Posts: 76
Location: Finland
RacerX wrote:
I'm using the D*A*M Meathead one-knobber.

I love that little pedal.


I like the Meathead a lot too.

I also have a Devi Ever SM and a Keeley RAT on my board. At home I mostly use a MJM London Fuzz with my Epi Valve Jr.

_________________
www.mangooloid.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 70 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net