Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Western MA Stoner/Thrash band needs drummer - ready to gig
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:20 pm 

Alright, to get to the point: My friend and I have been jamming with bands/composing songs ourselves (myself on guitar, he on bass) for over 5 years together now. We have over 30 minutes of material written, or a complete live set/EP, along with dozens and dozens of other jams over the years. Recently, we have been offered to open for a few bands that are well known in the underground doom/stoner metal scene for gigs in the summer time. We are looking to take the next step and meet a drummer and rhythm guitar player who are as serious and passionate about music as we are.

We are ready to play shows right off the bat with our current material, and also look forward to working creatively with new people on new music and tweaking our current stuff as well. We have access to recording equipment and a small studio, which is great for writing. It seems like there is almost no scene for this type of music in western Mass, apart from the people we already know. So if you are a drummer or guitarist looking to have fun, and play some killer riffs, send me an email.

Some of the bands we dig, and I guess sound like, are:

Black Sabbath
Sleep
Slayer
Metallica
Mastodon
Baroness
His Hero Is Gone
Isis
King Crimson
High on Fire

I could go on all day with bands, but you probably get the idea if you recognize any of those. Let's give this area something to be proud of musically, something aside the generic, terrible radio rock/metal that has come from Springfield since... forever?

my email is:

bullet138@gmail.com

thank you guys to anyone who reads this

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]