Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:55 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Tusq upgrades
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:41 pm 

I'd put off (or maybe thought that there would be limited results) replacing the stock nuts on my guitars, but i'd bought some Tusq nuts and installed them and they really do make a difference. I'd bought a Resomax bridge--it absorbs less vibrations and transfers more to the guitar body--and it sounds great, too. To my ears, there's a bit more attack to the sound, overall. There's much more clarity--it takes away some of the 1 kHz frequency--a little of the midrange bite--for a more even tone. It really shines when you're playing open/ individual strings within a chord or chord progression. I could maybe see some people missing that 1 kHz kick, though, it's just slightly less raw sounding. Worth looking into if you've been considering it.....the best bang for buck is the nut, as they're below 10 bucks, whereas the Resomax bridge is over $100. I'd also replaced the nut, end pins and bridge on my Hummingbird and it would really have to be heard to be believed--there's more volume, sustain and clarity.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]