Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: San Diego guitarist looking
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:40 pm 

Into C.o.C., Down, Orange Goblin, Trouble, and obviously Sabbath. LP/Marshall. Drop C.

Last edited by 10string on Thu May 22, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: San Diego guitarist looking
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:49 pm 

Perhaps you should include you blood type, and penis size. You might be able to attract more people that way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:06 pm 

SunnO))) wrote:
Perhaps you should include you blood type, and penis size. You might be able to attract more people that way.

I'm not sure where he lives, or even if he plays guitar, but a mention of penis and you'd certainly attract Bolt!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:51 pm 

I don't know, I'm put off by super-specific ads. I guess I wasn't very clear.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:48 am 

SunnO))) wrote:
I don't know, I'm put off by super-specific ads.

haha, dont you bitch on the other board about not being able to keep bandmates? Mirror, look into it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:39 am 

I can't keep bandmates because they're all jobless, carless, and are non-motivated. I don't post ads about how I want them to only wear sleeveless death metal t-shirts, and how somebody else must sing? I also don't judge players on their habits, one of the best drummers I ever played with ended up being a heroin addict, and he was the only one that was ever on time for practice. Some people have vices, you can't just write them off for it. What you do in personal life is what you do in personal life. What you do in band-life is what matters.

Take a joke.

Balls, suck 'em. :D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:38 pm 

Touchy touchy!

You call those raisins "balls"? ;)~ omg ;)

I figured someone with specific requirements would endorse specific ads, not condemn them. Save hassles up front and that, innit?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:13 pm 

I ain't touchy, foo'! :D

I don't know, pickings are so slim (here) for quality people, you just kind of have to take them as they come.. my previous batch were pretty decent musicians, when it came to playing. They just fell flat in all other areas, like being people without jobs/cars/motivation/the ability to be on time...

I wish I could assemble a super-group of massive drug addicts with quality gear, reliable transportation and decent manners.

Maybe I have low standards for people...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:11 pm 

SunnO))) wrote:
"Maybe I have low standards"

I couldn't agree with you more.

I had a 1975 Flying V stolen by a really good freind who I thought I could trust, I had no idea he was a tweaker. Back then I didnt know what a tweaker was. I think I have earned the right to ostracize them.

I still stand by the content of my original posting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:17 pm 

One person doesn't represent all people. Just sayin'.

Priests are thieves, these days.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:52 am 

There's nothing wrong with specifics--I thought this guy's requirements were pretty decent for a guy who's most likely motivated to get something done. I can relate. My problem has always been finding that good blend of someone who has decent skills, good motivation/ dedication, is decent with making deadlines. And then the person has to be someone that you can hang around with when you put the instruments down. People sometimes misconstrue my vision as being exclusionary, but really, if people could show up, get things done and learn how to tune a guitar, they'd be a part of it. Literally, none of the guys i've jammed with have gone onto anything....they're still dreaming and still playing in their basement or wherever. Which is a shame, because either they were awesome dudes on a personal level that were completely forgetting half of the chord changes to songs, or they were hotheads who couldn't get along with people, though they could nail the songs no problem.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:59 pm 

SunnO))) wrote:

Maybe I have low standards for people...

Nah, you have high standards; maybe a bit too high? I'm not saying you should tolerate junkies or tweakers--hell no!-- but a bit more tolerance might lead you to a workable band situation. Everybody sucks by default, gotta learn to accept some degree of that; it comes with the being-in-a-band territory.
Then, there's members' girlfriends who fancy themselves band managers!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:51 pm 

Ryan Electrocution wrote:
There's nothing wrong with specifics--I thought this guy's requirements were pretty decent for a guy who's most likely motivated to get something done. I can relate. My problem has always been finding that good blend of someone who has decent skills, good motivation/ dedication, is decent with making deadlines. And then the person has to be someone that you can hang around with when you put the instruments down. People sometimes misconstrue my vision as being exclusionary, but really, if people could show up, get things done and learn how to tune a guitar, they'd be a part of it. Literally, none of the guys i've jammed with have gone onto anything....they're still dreaming and still playing in their basement or wherever. Which is a shame, because either they were awesome dudes on a personal level that were completely forgetting half of the chord changes to songs, or they were hotheads who couldn't get along with people, though they could nail the songs no problem.

That's the best sum up of people: the good guys who just aren't that good and the assholes who are that good. I fall somewhere in between it I can learn the song but depending how long the jam session, if over 2 hours, then I can definitely learn it but not a 100%. Hency why I can understand hesitation for people wanting to bring me on, that and I did 'sell-out'.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]