Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: shirts
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:23 pm 

Who do you beard rockers use for screen printing? Do you stick to local vendors or is there a deal out there that justifies the shipping costs?

Any preferred brand of tee? And what's your breakdown for sizes (obviously a lot of XXL/XXXL in this genre)?

Please let us discuss, and then make love in the missionary position.

Post subject: Re: shirts
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:58 am 

Sludgie, Sasquatch uses a couple of different vendors.

Stickers
I get my stickers from Contagious Graphics (out of North Carolina) primarily because they do chrome and die cut for a reasonable price. Shipping costs for stickers aren't too costly.

Shirts
We were using a local guy that printed out of his garage, but quality was a bit shotty. We were buying Alstyle shirts in bulk from a downtown retailer that sells wholesale ($2 a shirt). I think Eddie from House of Broken Promises is now also screen printing for bands, and because Arthur comes back and forth from the desert a bunch, there's delivery service as well. I just switched over to a friend's shop in the OC (Jeff at Mask Manufacturing), and he's doing our new Skillet design. He gave us a few brand options. We went with Hanes and it's running us $4.10 for 1 color, $5 for two color. He takes care of all the purchasing, so I don't have to go buy shirts in bulk and deal with delivery.

Because we tend to cater to the beard crowd in the US, we print on the larger side of sizes. Typically no smalls, a few mediums, mostly large and XL, and then we do get a handful of XXLs. Haven't gone XXXL yet. We've gotten 1 or 2 requests over the years for that size, but that's it. Demand hasn't been there yet. Now if you are catering to the Europeans via a tour or web sales, be sure to order a shit ton of Euro smalls and mediums (US smalls are still too big for many EUs...I learned this on the Roadsaw Euro tour).

Last edited by cas on Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:58 pm 

Are you calling America fat, cas?

Can't wait to see the Skillit shirt. I'm sure it's awesome. I'll probably give your buddy in OC a try simply because I don't want to think about this any more than I have to. And I know I'll have to order at least one XXL shirt so our drummer can wear one to his brother's wedding.

By the way, Trash Teetan will happily jump on the bill of any upcoming Squatch shows, so we can try to sell some of these monstrosities once I order 'em up. We're not too proud to ride coat tails. I will say that the internet seems to be enjoying our self-titled extended play.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:16 pm 

I print shirts for bands sometimes. I work out of my basement. About $1-$5 for a blank shirt depending on the brand. The fancier, fashion cut ones are 4-5 (american apparel, etc), but regular brands (hanes, anvil, etc) are pretty cheap(1-3) and plenty nice. Lots of choices as far as weight, color, and cut goes. I charge $1 per print and $25 per screen, so a one color design on the front only is going cost you $1 labor per shirt, plus the screen cost. If you did 40 shirts, that's only another .50 per. Possibly an art fee if I have to fix or work on your art for you..$20 per hour on that. I've done em for mostly local bands, including radio moscow, but have done some guys stuff on stonerrock.com in the past. no minimums

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:34 am 

MM - Try and get on the HB show...I think there are still slots.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:29 am 

Yes... America is FAT!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]