Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Need mixing or mastering?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:04 pm 

I don't usually spam (and will rarely), but I can mix/ master for decent prices, basically what you can afford (it's negotiable). I've got a ton of pretty good gear--i've usually just done my own albums, but am really wanting to get into doing others' stuff, to help them out. I've got pretty good acclaim for the sonic detail of my own albums and can provide references. Even if you just need a production consultant on a recording on what could be done or improved--maybe a second and objective ear-- I can do that too.

I can provide a more detailed list of what gear I have (the core is based around Studio One DAW software with 64 bit internal processing, done by ex-Cubase engineers; red KRK Rokit 5's), so I can mix pretty fast with pretty quick turnaround and low overhead. Anyone that's pretty serious about doing a record and wanting something to sound great but aren't sure about their budgets, I can do free samples, maybe a minute of a song or so (including mixing/ mastering) to give an idea of what the end result would be; I realize that money is often tight, and people aren't sure if who they're hiring is appropriate for what they're doing, but that bands really want to sound that much better than their mixing skills allow; compression in taste to bring out levels, room sound/ reverb added to too dead of a recording space, making the big sounds larger and the small sounds come out with more detail. I love the heavy psych genre--the weirder/ heavier/ more out there, the better. Send me a PM if this sounds cool.

Post subject: Re: Need mixing or mastering?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:03 pm 

My two cents...you'd probably have more success by providing upfront in this post some links to stuff you have done. People are incredibly lazy, and if they have to ask you for something, that's an extra step, so it won't happen.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:15 am 

Probably! Then again, this isn't the real typical industry thing--more of a fun thing to help some bands out type thing. I'm pretty conscious not to publicly promote my own material and projects on these forums, though some may be able to put two and two together based on my alias name that's based off of my actual band name that JJ has written kindly about a few of the records on The Obelisk....hence the PM thing. I've got my own self produced/ mixed material on some pretty well known comps (Bad Acid, Classic Rock Magazine), have had the material carried at All That Is Heavy, if that helps.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:05 pm 

For what it's worth, I don't give a shit about all that "spam!! how dare you talk about your band!!!!!!!!!!1111?" bullshit. Please do not refrain from sharing. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:55 pm 

Yep, definitely do share links. Everyone knows that you're a regular here - occasional link dropping is not going to be a bother.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:12 pm 

It's High Watt Electrocutions. That project is coming to an end though, so i'm working on other material and looking to expand my palette a bit. If anyone's looking for something that they can't do (string sections, organ, piano, harmony vocals etc. etc), I could always arrange something for them too or just record it on their multitrack stems and send it back to 'em. Mixing is my favorite part of the process though! I like alot of stereo (hard panned) things and the "sounds behind the sounds" that make recordings bigger, even if it's not quite apparent what it is in the layers beneath.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]