Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:39 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: ebay: MANCHILD 2/3/4 Brian Walsby (Melvins, COC)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:13 pm 

The auction is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/291712864538? ... CA:US:1123

This is an auction for issues 2, 3 and 4 of MANCHILD by Brian Walsby. All are 1st printings in great condition and have been stored in a SMOKE FREE environment.

Over the past 25 years BRIAN WALSBY has become somewhat of a reluctant punk/comic celebrity/pariah. BRIAN’s hilarious satirical cartoons expose the punk/indie world for the overly dramatic microcosm that it often is. BRIAN has no lack of credentials when it comes to critiquing underground music and culture. Since 1983 BRIAN’s artwork has graced the pages of many magazines such as MAXIMUMROCKNROLL, Ink Disease, FLIPSIDE, Suburban Voice, CHUNKLET, Left Of The Dial, Artcore, Hustler’s “Barely legal” (we kid you not), and many others. He’s also drawn album cover art for everyone from MELVINS to 7 SECONDS. Mr. Walsby is also well known as the drummer for influential bands such as POLVO, PATTY DUKE SYNDROME (RYAN ADAMS) , WWAX (Mac Macaughn), SCARED STRAIGHT, SHINY BEAST, and many others. In short; whether or not people love or hate BRIAN WALSBY, they want to see/hear what he has to say. If you’re upset by BRIAN’s work, you probably should be.

#2: This one follows up on the success of the original MANCHILD with comics such as The Descendents and Me, The Five Most Overrated Bands of All Time, stories about Mystic and SST Records, Male Rock Nerd Fest, Why Most Heavy Metal Still Sucks... and on and on.

#3: Another stinging slab of satirical comic art. In this collection, Brian applies his fine tuned illustrative skill and wit to the following masterpieces: The Melvins 2006 Tour Diary, Life After Black Flag, SCTV: The Best Goddamn Comedy Show Ever, Magical Melvins Moments, Hang The DJ, Careers of the Black Flag My War Puppet, How I Survived Grunge, Rules For Young Rock Bands On TV, Whatever Became of Your Favorite Punk Rock Mascots, Rodney On the Rock, Well Meaning White Guilt, and many others.

#4: 100 pages of illustrations and stories from a comic artist who's been poking fun at subversive youth culture, pop culture, your favorite band, and himself since the early ‘80s. You'll laugh. You'll cringe. You just might get angry and start a message board war. Contents of Brian's new book include "No! I Don't Want To Play Your Effing House Party", "Frisky's Beaver Hut", "We Were All Assholes", "My First Orgasm", "Emo Rock Revival", and tons of others. There's also an in depth Melvins 2008 tour diary that's sure to break a few eggs.

Proceeds of this auction go towards funding future releases on Chrome Peeler Records (which advertised in one of the issues!)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]