Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:26 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: FALL OF EFRAFA Elil 2xLP Repress, O LP, DEZAFRA RIDGE / RITU
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:22 am 

:: new ALERTA ANTIFASCISTA Records Releases ::
:: ORDER HERE: www.doomrock.com ::

AA44. FALL OF EFRAFA – Elil 2xLP REPRESS
This is one of my all time favourite albums. I've been listening to it pretty much regularly since I discovered FALL OF EFRAFA, and I've never ever for a second got tired of it. And still, after all this years together, I can still fall in love with new things or parts I've never noticed before. Elil will forever be the love of my life. so, what is so special with this album? Frankly, I don't know. It consists of 3 songs, each one being about 20 minutes long. "20 MINUTES?! THAT'S LIKE... FOREVER!" people not used to this post-kind of music will say. But the thing with these songs is that they are so well written that you will never understand how those 20 minutes past by. The general pace of this album is quite slow, but just before you get tired of the slow part, one of these amazing build ups kicks in. Then there's a minute or two of "swing the hand your having your beer in" D-Beat. The anthem-like lyrics will also cause any person to transform into an anti-religous bitter anarchistic freedom fighter. Once you've started to listen to one of the songs, there is no return. You won't be able to skip the track. Therefore I recommend you to listen to the whole album while traveling by train or bus. By the time you get off your ride you will be so inspired by all the genius samples featured on this album.

AA79. O - Black Sea Of Trees LP+Download Code
O isn´t just the letter. O is the circle symbol and at the same time the name of this six piece band from the border region (Belgium/Netherlands/Germany) around Aachen (Germany). In summer 2010 ex-members from „Allegorie“, Dancing on Debris“, „Jack the Rocker“ and „Kings of the Day“ got together with the aim to create spheric musical landscapes. The music wants to take the audience on a turbulent journey somewhere between ambient and postrock and sometimes you can guess their musical roots found in punk/hardcore.

AA82. RITUALS / DEZAFRA RIDGE – Split LP + Download Code
DEZAFRA RIDGE are a five-piece band from Leipzig, Germany. they create a dark cold atmosphere, slicing heavy fog while delving into spiritual abyss. Inspired by ancient mythology, contemporary culture, personal themes and introspection, Dezafra Ridge fuse varied metal genres in a monotonous style. Their brand of super heavy doom is just brilliant. awesome melodies, great deep guitars and the singer! mmhhh!! all this is just a perfect mix!!!! one of the best bands right now in fucking Germany!!!
RITUALS from Phoenix, AZ play a blend of slow, heavy, and pummeling riffs with a mixture of sonically versed melancholy melodies. This music comes from the stomach. There are 5 tracks on this release. As you listen, set aside expectation. Put away your thoughts about what you think the work should or does sound like. It is not about the definitive. It is the execution. The temporal and the fleeting. You need to understand: This is the moment, captured. Emotion plus volume. This record is more concerned with texture, using a sense of sparse minimalism and repetition to achieve gradual, swelling impact. Tracks frequently stretch out to 7 min., taking their time to unfold and develop into epic soundscapes. The distorted guitars are augmented thundering drums as the harsh vocals paint images of nomadic cultures and cracked earth under a burning sky. In other words, can be a classic. Fans of brilliant, emotive, progressive music (hardcore, metal or otherwise) must have this one. This LP comes in 180 gram vinyl and heavy gatefoldcover. Art By ALEX CF (Fall Of Efrafa, Light Bearer, Momentum...)

ALERTA ANTIFASCISTA Records / DOOMROCK Mailorder:
HOMEPAGE: www.doomrock.com
BANDCAMP: www.alertaantifascistarecords.bandcamp.com
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/pages/Alerta-Antifasci ... 2047223480
STORE: www.doomrock.com
DISCOGS: www.discogs.com/seller/Alerta_Antifascista
EMAIL: cruste@no-pasaran.org

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]