Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Titan - A Raining Sun of Light and Love, for You & You & You
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:34 pm 

Titan - A Raining Sun of Light and Love, for You and You and You...
Tee Pee Records
Release date: February 6, 2007

2006 saw Tee Pee Records releasing the self titled Witch album, an excellent collection of classic hard rock that fit neatly in the stoner rock genre without sounding shamelessly derivative. 2007 finds the label hoping to repeat that trick with Titan's A Raining Sun of Light and Love, for You and You and You....

The ridiculously long and somewhat hippie minded album title gives away that Titan isn't mining the same Sabbathy territory as Witch. The Brooklyn-based four-piece is more expanse and epic – think stoner prog with a direct lineage to psychedelic time travelers Hawkwind and classic Krautrockers Can, along with an appreciative nod to Uriah Heep's heavy pomp. While there are only four songs on A Raining Sun of Light and Love..., the total playing time is over 41 minutes. And even though there's a ton of music crammed into each track, it remains organic sounding, never overstuffed or overwrought. A Raining Sun of Light and Love... seems like the work of four guys who are dialed into each other and are jamming until the last good note's been dredged from their collective subconscious.

Those wanting more grandiosity in their lives will latch on to Titan's A Raining Sun of Light and Love, for You and You and You... It's the sort of album that continually delivers, offering new sounds with each listen. A keeper for sure and another winner from Tee Pee Records. Recommended.

- John Pegoraro

Post subject: Re: Titan - A Raining Sun of Light and Love, for You & You &
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:52 pm 

One of the most under-rated, or maybe just overlooked, albums of the past decade, imo. Love this album and it still gets regular play. I really wish they could have stuck it out with Teepee because I am not as into the direction they just took with their latest Relapse release, though I do still like Sweet Dreams.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]