Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: KADAVAR: Track-By-Track Commentary Part 2 Posted
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:26 am 
Site Admin

the PR wire wrote:

KADAVAR: Track-By-Track Commentary Part 2 Posted!

Berlin-based classic/psychedelic hard rock trio KADAVAR, have shared the second round of track-by-track commentaries regarding their upcoming second studio album “Abra Kadavar”. Vocalist/guitarist Lupus Lindemann, bassist Mammut and drummer Tiger provide you with background information on the album’s second half below:

05. - Dust
“I came up with the idea for this song while strolling through Berlin, when I suddenly looked into the hollow eyes of a man who was loitering at a supermarket near our studio. He’s hanging around there with his friends every day, drowning his sorrow in alcohol. At this sight I was wondering what he was waiting for and if there were any prospects left for him – or if he just wanted to return to the dust he’d once emerged from...” (Lupus Lindemann)

06. - Fire
“Our first true love song. When the riff struck my mind, I first imagined the song to sound like an early STOOGES tune. However, once the track was finished, there was not much left of this.” (Tiger)

07. - Liquid Dream
“This song’s about the trips we experienced during the past year. It’s hard to find the right people for it, but once you’ve found them, one can leave this world and dive into more exciting and colorful spheres together – far away from the grey city.” (Lupus Lindemann)

08. - Rhythm For Endless Minds
“Krautrock is still a major influence for us. This track sounds different than a typical song of AMON DÜÜL or CAN, but then again, what’s typical Krautrock anyway?” (Tiger)

09. - Abra Kadabra
“That’s what it sounds like when we don’t plan in advance what to record. First the rhythms for bass and guitar emerged. Afterwards we set up guitars, percussion, synthesizers etc. and just got started!” (Tiger)

Check out he first single from Abra Kadavar, “Doomsday Machine“, accompanied by exclusive on-the-road and behind-the-scenes video footage here: http://youtu.be/L2SdzgPj3_o.

Abra Kadavar was recorded in drummer Tiger’s studio where he also took care of the production, mixing and mastering. As far as the album recordings are concerned, the multi-talent explains:
“After last year’s final show had been played in mid-December, we started writing new songs. We’ve already had a couple of finished tracks in May 2012, but those were eventually released on a split-LP with AQUA NEBULA OSCILLATOR in November 2012, which is why we started at square one again. As we knew that there was no procrastination and no going back for us, we sat down for two weeks straight to finish composing with total commitment. We’re perfectly happy with the outcome – I’d even say that Abra Kadavar comprises the best compositions we’ve created to date. The songs are more diversified, the ideas feel more spontaneous. Moreover, we’ve tried to capture much more of our live energy, which is why we’ve recorded almost everything all together in one room, with the amps turned up to the max – solely the vocals and a handful of guitar solos were added afterwards.”

It was with 2012’s eponymous debut album Kadavar that the three-piece from Berlin cast a spell on all fans of solid riff-driven yet doom-like 70’s hard rock à la BLACK SABBATH or PENTAGRAM. Marrying this with the spacy psychedelic approach of early HAWKWIND, and mixing in a distinct own touch while preserving their icon’s warm vintage charm, can be considered the trio’s key to success – astoundingly high vinyl sales and support shows for bands such as SLEEP, SAINT VITUS, PENTAGRAM and ELECTRIC WIZARD as well as stunning festival gigs at Stoned From The Underground, Yellowstock and Fusion Festival, among others, underline KADAVAR’s status as one of the scene’s most exciting acts to watch in 2013!

KADAVAR is:
Lupus Lindemann – vocals & guitar
Mammut – bass
Tiger – drums

For more info visit: http://on.fb.me/Puccjo | http://www.nuclearblast.de/kadavar

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]