Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: The Obelisk interview with Victor Griffin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:19 pm 

Interview is up on the Obelisk homepage.
http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2010/12/2 ... interview/
Pretty long interview here's a snippet of it.

Tell me about working with Bobby again, rejoining Pentagram.

That’s something I never really planned for. Back in March, his guitar player Russ [Strahan] quit the band suddenly, and he was stuck without a guitar player. He called me and wanted to know if I would fill in. He actually just wanted me to fill in on the one tour where they had a substitute guy, and one day to prepare. I couldn’t do that because I had other things going on, but I told him I would come in and do the May tour that we did, and that would probably be it, but once I got on the road with him – one of the big issues too, I wanted to see how Bobby was dealing with everything. His past is no secret as far as the tendency on drugs and having problems with drugs in that kind of thing, and I didn’t want to get back into a situation with that. But once we were out, and I actually saw that he’s really holding it together and trying hard to maintain his sobriety, he’s doing a really good job at it. He’s come so far. Hanging out with him, we talked a lot about it, and I told him that I’d be glad to do it and stay in the band as long as I could, as long as he was putting forth the effort to maintain his sobriety like he is now. Everything’s been working out pretty smoothly. Neither one of us had any idea we’d ever play together again, really. A year ago, I’d just assumed we probably wouldn’t. But the way things have turned out, it’s been pretty cool. We just finished this new album, and we’ve got a couple of tours coming up in April and in the summer. It’s rolling along pretty good.

Post subject: Re: The Obelisk interview with Victor Griffin
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:23 pm 

Great interview. Very in depth and informative.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]