Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:06 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Black Pyramid news
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:32 am 

Hey y'all,

We're currently working out the details for the recording of our sophomore album, II. It's going to be rifftastic, a lot heavier and darker than the debut. Meteorcity is going to put out a Flexi-disk of the lead single, "Mercy's Bane."

Stay tuned and we'll keep you up to date on the details of the recording. Clay is down in Georgia right now recording the drums for "Mercy's Bane" with Matt Washburn, it's gonna sound killer.

We're going to do some shows this winter before our trek to Europe, mostly in the Northeast. I'll post those as well, first one is New Year's Eve at The Elevens in Northampton. We've also got a crazy bash for Gein's birthday planned in Worcester MA, at Ralph's Diner, for Sunday, January 16th, featuring Faces of Bayon (ex-Warhorse), Slumlord Beauty and Nightbitch.

I was here, but I dis-appare. You can get it if you really want, but you must try, try and try, you succeed at last.

Post subject: Re: Black Pyramid news
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:44 pm 

Dinger wrote:
It's going to be rifftastic, a lot heavier and darker than the debut.

How is that even possible?
Keep it up and you'll awaken the 'Old Ones' (especially the priest in the ocean) that's for sure.

Great news though, can't wait for the updates from Europe and I'll see you new years eve!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:27 pm 

awesome, loved the first one... good luck. So sounds like you guys track all the instruments seperately?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:32 pm 

Flexi-disk!?!?! Fantastic!

Any news on the split with Tenspeed Warlock or the Stormbringer 7"?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:02 pm 

greenskeeper wrote:
Flexi-disk!?!?! Fantastic!

Any news on the split with Tenspeed Warlock or the Stormbringer 7"?

The split with Tenspeed Warlock is at the plant last I heard. For realz. It actually is going to come out, and soon. Tim from Parasitic asked me where we wanted our copies shipped, so they're on the way.

The Stormbringer 7" got delayed due to issues with the design and packaging. Last I heard, expect it in February.

I definitely think the riffs and arrangements are a lot meaner this time around. Moving further away from bluesy territories, deeper into the underground late 80's/early 90's sounds I grew up on.

We re-track all the instruments separately once we've got roughs down.

I was here, but I dis-appare. You can get it if you really want, but you must try, try and try, you succeed at last.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:55 am 

Just for the record...I fucking love Black Pyramid!!!

http://www.facebook.com/GRIFTERROCK
http://grifterrock.bandcamp.com
http://grifter.bigcartel.com
http://www.myspace.com/grifterrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/grifterrock

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:22 pm 

ollie wrote:

Just for the record, Mr Stygall is also speaking on my behalf.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:50 am 

Heard the 2 new tracks last night.
There is such a thing as being pleasantly surprised..and then there is being blown away! The new tracks are definitely in the last category, absolutely amazing.
Endless Agony has a cool 'hovering in place', getting you ready for the gut-punch, quick pace payoff while Mercy's Bane is the more arranged achievement of the two (very cool slide to hammer-on riff).

If this is but a small taste of what the new album will be like, then it shall be an epic spring (release) indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:12 am 

ollie wrote:

SAME HERE!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:28 am 

Damocles74 wrote:
Heard the 2 new tracks last night.
There is such a thing as being pleasantly surprised..and then there is being blown away! The new tracks are definitely in the last category, absolutely amazing.
Endless Agony has a cool 'hovering in place', getting you ready for the gut-punch, quick pace payoff while Mercy's Bane is the more arranged achievement of the two (very cool slide to hammer-on riff).

If this is but a small taste of what the new album will be like, then it shall be an epic spring (release) indeed.

I'm glad people are into the new tracks, "Mercy's Bane" I think has some of the coolest, heaviest riffs I've ever written, once it breaks down into full on doom, I love that riff. "Endless Agony" is short and sweet, but is gonna open the album.

Thanks for showing the love people, in return, we'll show you a new album in 2011!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:03 pm 

^ What do you have in mind for album cover art?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:04 am 

Probably have Warble paint a cover again, give him the music when it's done, and set him loose.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:41 am 

If you're gonna continue to do vinyl releases cause you at least press a few cd's for those of us who don't own a record player lol. I'd love to show some support but I've got no use for a turntable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:42 am 

I'm sure the second album will be pressed on CD.

Got the dates for the European tour with Blood Farmers today, should be pretty awesome...

15.04.2011 Germany- Bielefeld, Falkendom BLOOD FARMERS ONLY! (with ACID KING!)
16.04.2011 Germany - Würzburg, Hammer of Doom Festival (with PENTAGRAM)
17.04.2011 Netherlands - Tilburg, Roadburn
18.04.2011 Germany - Cologne, Underground
19.04.2011 Germany - Stuttgart, Club Zwöfzehn
20.04.2011 Italy - Parma, Circolo Onirica
21.04.2011 Slovenia - Ljubljana, Orto Bar
22.04.2011 Austria - Vienna, Arena (with ELECTRIC WIZARD)
23.04.2011 Germany - Munich, Backstage
24.04.2011 Finland - Helsinki, Korjaano BLOOD FARMERS ONLY! (with PENTAGRAM)

I go into the studio today to record guitar tracks for the new track, "Mercy's Bane." That's gonna rule...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:59 pm 

Guitar tracks are done. Pretty bare bones, but sounds monstrously HUGE.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:33 pm 

Sounds like you've got it covered, but if you ever need someone to mix or master it, I'd love to be involved at any level! Loved the first one -matt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:29 am 

mysteriousmammal wrote:
Sounds like you've got it covered, but if you ever need someone to mix or master it, I'd love to be involved at any level! Loved the first one -matt

We'll definitely keep you in mind for future projects, man...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:49 am 

Here's the new newsletter type thing:

Hey guys,

Figured we might have a couple fans here, so I'd give you the updates.

First off, the "long lost" split 7" with Tenspeed Warlock is happening, for realz this time. Parasitic Records is putting it out, it's at the plant, we contributed a song called "Blood From The Godless Sky." It's probably our "doomiest" tune, slow, heavy, mournful, you get the picture. I'm expecting the 7's to arrive at my house any day now...

Secondly, the Stormbringer 7" that Hydro-Phonic Records is putting out...that's not happening. The good news? It's going to be an 8" record! So that rules. Two new tunes, "Stormbringer" and "The Cloud of Unknowing".

Third, we're working on the followup to our self titled album. The working title is aptly named "II", and it's more of the same, although this time a little darker, a lot heavier. Meteorcity will once again be releasing it, and you'll get a taste of that material in the form of a brand new Flexi-Disk single that MC is putting out, featuring the "lead single" track, "Mercy's Bane", which slays, with probably one of the heaviest riffs that I've ever written closing out the track that I totally ripped off from Obituary. So there's that.

We've also got three tours in various stages of completion, the European Tour in April, featuring our Roadburn debut, plus some support slots with Pentagram and Electric Wizard. After that, we'll be traveling to the Midwest once again in June for the Days Of The Doomed Fest in Wisconsin, that hopefully some of you are attending, as it's a stellar lineup. I'm sure that'll once again take us through Buffalo...

In the fall, we're planning to hit the South, making a trek down to Florida and back, so there's that. Nothing confirmed yet, but figured I'd give an early heads up.

Thanks for you time and continued support, you can check us out on Myspace at: http://www.myspace.com/blackpyramidkills

We also have a Facebook page, where you can read my daily updates/bullshit: http://www.facebook.com/aberesky/posts/ ... 9292323952

And now, you can buy our merch online and help us to continue doing what we're doing at: http://blackpyramid.bigcartel.com/

Thanks again, doom on and drop out!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:58 am 

Alright, finished up the mix for the song "Mercy's Bane" yesterday, it's going to be on the new album, but first it's going to be released as a Flexi-disk. Justin Pizzoferrato (Dinosaur Jr, Witch) came in and did tweaked the knobs, made everything sound massive for us. Sent it off to mastering yesterday, and then it's going to be available soon exclusively from Meteorcity...

Working demos for two new album songs, "Empty Handed Insurrection" and "Chaos Is Here." That means we've got seven new songs so far for the new album, and plan on working one more closer in.

Also have big news coming up regarding our Euro-tour, so stay posted!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:27 pm 

Fuckin' A. Any more news on the Tenspeed Warlock split?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:20 pm 

Oh shit, new shirt!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:05 pm 

greenskeeper wrote:
Fuckin' A. Any more news on the Tenspeed Warlock split?

I don't know what's up with that. Tim from Parasitic emailed me in December saying it was at the plant, so technically we're expecting it any day.

Same with the Stormbringer 8" EP.

Damocles, that shirt is actually older, but we had it reprinted.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:44 pm 

^ is it 'fitted' like the Ouroboros shirt, or more like the Pyramid symbol shirt?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:03 pm 

Yeah, it's more like the Pyramid symbol one. The Ouroboros ones, the company I think accidentally printed them on nicer t-shirts, it was some really soft like prewashed, preshrunk organic cotton, that's why those fit so well. I think...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:21 pm 

Would the Euro Tour news include the fact you are popping over here (UK)?

Your album got me through a traffic jam on the M6 yesterday, cheers.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next