Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:02 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Smoke Theory call it a day.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:10 pm 

If anyone gives two shits, Smoke Theory will be playing one last show. This Saturday April 21 2012 at Woodchuck's in Toledo, Ohio, we'll be headlining the 3rd annual 420 SmokeFest.

Smoke Theory has been around since 2005. In that time we have put out 4 DIY discs, were featured in the first Stoner Rock Ohio compilation disc and have played several shows including bills with LIONS, THE GENDERS, JUCIFER and BLACK COBRA. It's been a long time coming and the straw that broke the camels back came a couple of weeks ago. It's been (mostly) fun and we've had a ball doing shows, writing songs and meeting some cool people along the way.

I personally will be looking for new musicians to jam with or possibly join a new band. As a Metalhead/Stoner Rocker(!?) it's been very trying working with non-Metalheads. The variance worked in our favor slightly but it has been WORK dealing with people who just can't relate musically. I would much rather stay ahead of the curve than be behind it.

In the end, thanks to anyone and everyone who has supported us and/or given us honest and respectable criticism (JJ, Michael Rys). Let the Smoke roll!

Post subject: Re: Smoke Theory call it a day.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:10 pm 

That's too bad. I've seen you guys several times, mostly Toledo, maybe once in Fostoria? Always enjoyed yer shows too.
Good luck in the next venture, Toledo area needs the heavy.

Post subject: Re: Smoke Theory call it a day.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:48 pm 

Thanks. We did play Fostoria and Findlay a few times years ago. I have been trying to give Toledo the kick in it's ass that it needs but as you can see it was a failure.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]