Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Days of the Doomed, Metal Grill Cudahy Wisconsin
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:18 pm 

Little late but here are some highlights
Fri:Day one
Major lineup change up front and didn't really get excited about their last CD, but BIBLE OF THE DEVIL are still a great time in the live arena, good time rockin metal vibe was contagious and they treated us to an outrageous new song called Ulta Boys or something and closed out their set with that Thin Lizzy song from Freedom Metal that always floors me and Cocaine Years.
First time seeing APOSTLE of Solitude, really heavy, doomy, and loud but with a vocalist who reminded me of the long lost Abdullah. Really doesn't get much better than that in the doom metal genre.
What doom type fest would be complete without ORODRUIN?! They were great, had a couple new songs and the crowd demanded and got an encore.

DAY2
Early in the afternoon BRIMSTONE COVEN were just great with the absolutely the best melodic proto doom what have you style. Band to watch.
My favorite of the whole fest was EGYPT who had it all going on; heavy, riffs, groove, songs, sound. First time even hearing them and was blown away.
Next up was Devil to Pay who seemed to be moving in a South of Heaven direction, swear they were playing a lot faster when I saw them at SHOD 12. Took a couple songs but got into their set.
BEELZEFUZZ was a huge favorite and played as a 4 piece with extra guitar from the main man from Pale Divine. Lot heavier than the three piece version and they ended with a Pentagram cover instead of Ride the Sky, I think, was getting pretty drunk at this point....
.........which is why next on the bill Jex Thoth was a real trip and visual spectacle!

Anybody else?

Post subject: Days of the Doomed Metal Grill Cudahy Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:00 pm 

You have a live lesson listed for November 19. Dont forget you are going to be in Chicago Or are you going to do a remote one?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]