Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Orange Goblin,Roadsaw,ASG,KEN Mode,Kings Destroy-4/23,Boston
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:40 am 

Sometimes rock shows start early. This is a good thing. Not, like, at like five o’clock, but around eight. It makes a huge difference. Kings Destroy hit the stage around 8:15 and brought it. Old school doom in the style of Trouble or, like, the first riff from the first Black Sabbath album. You know, the original strain. They played songs off of their new album, “A Time of Hunting”, which is being released pretty soon on War Crime, so you can stuff it in your own ears and find out for yourself.

KEN Mode killed everyone then (which at the time was now, so the name does, in fact, apply). Kind of like a mix of AmRep noise mixed with grind and a sudden bottlefight between strangers in a shitty parking lot. They definitely brought the mood of the room down, which I think was the point, so kudos for that.

ASG played heavy rock the way it’s supposed to be played. I don’t really know how else to describe it. It fucking rocked, it was awesome, I’m not sure why you would dislike this band. Go borrow their tape from the library or something. I’m serious.

Not even gonna review Roadsaw because there’s no point to it. Might as well review beer. Drink it or don’t. If you don’t know whether you like beer at this point then stop worrying about it and get on with other things.

Orange Goblin wrapped up their tour in fine fashion, rocking the ever-loving fuck out of the crowd and having a great time doing it. Ben Ward is, in fact, the best person, so what are you worried about? Guitar and bass playing riffs for days with solid drumming providing the backbone for Ben to yell his commands over. And it’s catchy, by the way. Just so you know. So yeah, not sure why anyone would dislike any of the bands that played tonight, but some people like bananas, so what can you do.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]