Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:39 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Saint Vitus @ their bar, Brooklyn, NY 9/25/12
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:52 am 

Whoa, what just happened?

Hi Chris, Clyde, JJ, Cindy, Wino, that bearded dude, and everybody else. Where was Bolt?

Clyde and I had a fun night, with a really funny story. I'll leave that to him.

I became a fan of Clyde tonight, and Sourvein as well. Crushing Sabbathy syrupy sludge. Really nice riffs, crazy drum fills all over the set, just a great fucking set to witness. The 1st or second song was just epic, anyone know what song that was and what album it's on? Where should I start with Sourvein? The new one?

Weedeater were up next. I've been jonsing to c them again since I first saw em feb. '11 at Santos. Really good set, lots of stuff from Jason. Dixie Dave didn't have robo taped to his amp wit a straw like last time that I saw, although he sure had a beer and a bottle of jack. Place was a little full too it was nice.

And then, Saint Vitus took the stage of their own fucking bar. What I remember: I Bleed Black/War Is Our Destiny/Let Them Fall/The Bleeding Ground/Living Backwards/Clear Windowpane/White Stallions/Mystic Lady/Saint Vitus/Born Too Late. Place was packed, Dave was hilarious, Henry was a machine even after toking a fat j on stage, haha awesome night. Wino was really feeling the energy of the room, they all were, and they just unleashed it back to us. Sorry Ron and anyone else without a ticket, this was sort of a not to be missed type of gig. Vitus were in top form, better than the other two times I've seen them. So happy they played that bar, it's the best little secret in Brooklyn.

It be 2 AM. Have a goodnite ya'll.

Post subject: Re: Saint Vitus @ their bar, Brooklyn, NY 9/25/12
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:40 pm 

http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/saint-vitus-played-saint-vitus-at-saint-vitus/

EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:18 pm 

I thought there was no way they could play that song. Remember factorial in math class? That's what that was like. Taking Saint Vitus and multiplying by 4 then 3 then 2 then 1. When I heard the opening riff of the song Saint Vitus, I thought they were going to open up a parallel universe or something. There's just no reason why something like that should come to pass. It's like if Black Sabbath played Black Sabbath at some tiny bar in fucking Dorset or something named Black Sabbath. It's too much. But I woke up alive today, so even though the universe SHOULD have imploded for all intents and purposes at about midnight last night, we are all still here. It's a Saint Vitus miracle?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:45 pm 

I'm thinking the "epic" Sourvein song was Bangleaf (my fave Sourvein track) or Fangs. But all their shit is pretty damn huge.

Will To Mangle or the new one Black Fangs would be a great start.
Then check out their first one, Salvation (or self-titled depending on how its released)...little bit of a different sound, but awwwesome fuckin grooves.
The three EPs were all fuckin good too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:48 am 

Thanks Pinehead, I think I'll start with the new one and work my way back. I fucking LOVE seeing/hearing a band live that I've never heard a note of their music before and just becoming totally engrossed by their tones. Same thing happened to me at Vitus (what a joint!) with Pilgrim, Lord Dying AND Bezoar, all in the same damn night...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:52 am 

I wasn't ever that into Sourvein and considered their stuff very meat and potatoes. But for some reason the new album just sounds so huge in my car, and I'm all about it now. It's basic and plodding, but it sounds so hammer and anvil heavy...concise and powerful.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]