Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Descendents with a bunch of bands I didnt care about 10/8/11
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:30 pm 

Riotfest Chicago, Congress Theatre

Other bands included a couple of bands that sounded like Blink 182, a band that sounded like the tossers/ dropkick murphys, leftover crack, strike anywhere, and suicide machines.

So, Ive been a fan of Descendents since 1986 or so. A big fan. One of my favorite bands of all times. Shit, I even bought a pair of the Descendents tribute vans. But, with their infrequent periods of activity over the last 20 + years, I'd never had a chance to see them live until this years riotfest.... an annual "punk rock" festival of sorts.

So after enjoying a rather large Barbacoa burrito, huge barrel of Horchata and 6 or so hours of nonsense bands......

Descendents hit the stage, the sound was pretty good, and clear (although i wouldve liked more Karl in the mix) Milo sounded great, and everyone in the band appeared to be having a good time.
They played at least 2 songs from every release, and almost every song I could've asked for.

"Punk" doesnt change.... still tons of 15 year olds wearing brand new Minor Threat or Dead Kennedys shirts, lots of studded denim clad crusties, and pudgy awkward kids with angular hair cuts, and bad dye jobs.
Thankfully, for my ego, there were also alot of middle aged dudes wearing Milo Goes to College shirts, so I didnt feel too out of place.
I had a fantastic time during the headlining set, just wish there'd been better support acts.

I'll post the setlist after dinner

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]