Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: YOB, Dark Castle, Kongh @ Purple Turtle, London 10/10
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:58 am 

Doomy Monday in London last night as this tour arrived after months of waiting. Kongh were excellent, surprisingly proggy at times. Pleasingly heavy and obviously having a lot of fun.

Dark Castle made a big noise for just two of them. I don't know the material very well but the funny timings came off quite well live. The penultimate song of the set was a howling sludge dirge for about 10 minutes which was a highlight. Good fun. Looked like Mike S from Yob is teching for them as he set up both the kit and Stevie's setup.

There was a definite lift in intensity when Yob came on- louder, bigger, heavier.

Setlist was;

Quantum Mystic
Prepare the Ground
Burning the Altar
Atma
Ball of Molten Lead
Grasping Air

This was my fourth Yob show and I would say it was the most metal set I've seen from them. Other setlists have generally included The Great Cessation or Kosmos that changed the tempo
of the set. Last night felt more like a full out assault. The new tracks were pretty relentless live although the double whammy of Ball of Molten Lead and Grasping Air wins the prize for most crushing moments. Mike was on as friendly form as ever fist punching when not chugging and shaking hands with all down the front.

Security were a bit anal, the guy in front of me was stopped and interrogated about the fact thaqt he "stank of weed". In the end the confession that he had just got really fucking stoned at home seemed to be enough to get him in. Fair play.

Back to Purple Turtle on Wednesday for Roadsaw, Sasquatch and Dixie WItch then Yob again in Bristol on Friday. A good week.

Post subject: Re: YOB, Dark Castle, Kongh @ Purple Turtle, London 10/10
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:55 am 

supposed to be seeing dixie witch, roadsaw and sasquatch in leeds tonite but gig was cancelled, maybe down to low ticket sales? Have a good one defyall and tell them boys to come back soon!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]