Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Meat Puppets - Bluebird Theatre, Denver -6/29/11
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:16 am 

Meat Puppets are one of my favorite live acts. I've only seen them a few times but they always put on a great show. Last night's was no exception. They played for about an hour and a half and mostly stuff from their back catalog, ignoring their newer material from their past 3 albums (Rise To Your Knees, Sewn Together, and Lollipop) for the most part. I do like some of this newer stuff but you cant mess with their back catalog, and I find that older material to be best live, so I was not complaining about their set list at all.

The Kirkwood Bros are a great tag team and they have definitely got their shit together. These guys could play the same set list every time I see them and I wouldn't complain because they always change up the way they play the songs. Songs become extended jam sessions and given the bros chops, especially Kurts, it's always a a treat. The music is always tight, taking you in new directions for known favorites. This set was a nice blend of their rockers mixed with their country-alternative type songs. Worked very nice.

Can't recall the set list off hand but amongst the songs I do remember include: Coming Down, Up On The Sun, Plateau, Lake of Fire, Oh Me, Backwater, and I am pretty sure Lost and Away. There were a couple songs I was unfamiliar with and a few I now can't recall.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]