Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: senza fissa dimoira+dr slump&arale @corsaro rosso
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:53 am 

I think I'd better start from the beginning.
late afternoon I arrive sweating under a mountain of cables mics and stuff. there I find: three guys of abnd and a strange duo. after some monkey-like drum building ( I was just in panic about the show) the fourth guy off the band ( the drummer halleluya) arrived and saved alla. a soundcheck general of 1 miute at all for ban ( I couldn't understand much about genre an capabilities) and then after Hours (2) the show.
DR SLUMP & ARALE: an off axis guitar duo with a shy all-black-no-fiendish-she-guitarist in the veins of poetry&songs and a voice clean and distinct (I said shy? yeah, shy!) and on the red corner a big belly old man fruit af the all-noise tradition of the Apuanian Alps providing a no-guitar all the time ( a friend of mine said "you have to fllow three line in this live so you have to Stay there an LISTEN all") very very nice
SENZA FISSA DIMOIRA have been to me a real source of joy since their check: four guys well prepared working together for the show. they say we-are-not-prog I say you-are-prog in the veins of an old stile italian progressive without the crazy and sick moments of excess we all know. a druming controlled and complex tying all the dynamics together to support a clean and ongoing guitar line making you wonder why "doesn't he play louder" and a wwell supporting bass line, calm enough to make the vocal lines get out. yeah, the singer, not a talent of nature but a person who knows how to invent a good line, keep himself teatrical enough to be the center of the stage, moving hands and all the stuf that has got to be to be on stage for a show and enjoy playing!
those guys are shy too but I'd ike you all to follow them on their outcoming lp.
p.s. the material of the snare drum fitted perfecly with the sound. good choice

http://www.senzafissadimoira.com/ (check them but tell the they are pop)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX5ZsQWuUJE ( they are shy and they got no myspace....)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]