Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Eyehategod @ Johnny Brenda's, Philadlephia 2/16/11
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:09 pm 

Damn this place is small, it was nice though. There wasn't much room and there was a serious bottleneck problem entering the pit area. If a fire broke out, forget about it. Toast. I didn't check out the balcony, but balconies are usually pretty sweet so maybe if I get back for a show that isn't so crowded I'll climb up there. I was surprised when I tried the $3 Kenzinger (awesome name) by Philadelphia Brewing Company, it was good stuff and far cheaper than the other fine local brews. Score!

Eyehategod displayed their usual awesomeness. I'm sorry, but I am a sucker for their riffs. My two friends who came with me aren't such fanboys like me. My guitar player was annoyed that they play every song in the same key. Whatever. Jimmy, Brian, Joey and Mike brought the heavy and I was taking it all in. Lots of favorites like zero nowhere, $30 bag, white ni**er... and their new songs were total badass too. they were a little sloppy of course, it seems like they don't come prepared with any semblance of a set list so they appeared out of sync in that respect, but I don't give a fuck. I was beyond happy seeing them play again. And they are pretty chill guys, show 'em some love and they'll love you back.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]