Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Raw Radar War,Psycho,Rampant Decay-The Rosebud,2/5/11
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:08 am 

Saturday night’s alright for getting destroyed, so off to the Rosebud I headed, amongst the concrete piles of frozen snow. They have pitchers there, you know. And when some chick in a ripped up Flipper shirt is pouring beer into your tallboy, you know you’re at the right place.

Rampant Decay started off the night with a set of pure no-I-won’t-turn-it-down-asshole metal. One guitarist was all they needed, cuz who wants to worry about whether or not the bass player is banging the singer’s wife? It didn’t matter, the sound was dialed in and the shit was on. The vocalist could’ve been shouting at me in Japanese for all I knew. It still sounded cool.

Psycho. What to say about a band that has been around for, like, eighty years? These dudes were playing fucking punk rock when Robert Johnson was making his deal with Glenn Beck down at the crossroads. Yeah, they’re lifers, and they show absolutely no signs of slowing down at all. Fast, short, and to the point. They crammed in four songs in about two minutes near the end, and didn’t even break a sweat. Most bands dream of the longevity Psycho has attained, and yet they still sound current. Cheers to them.

After a healthy and lengthy dose of feedback, Raw Radar War pummeled the audience with a mix of D-beat and crushing doom. Most of the time the music just sounds like a menacing rumble, with Jonah Jenkins barking out lyrics about all manner of malfeasance and unrest. Don’t get me wrong, you can make out what’s going on, it’s not just an undefined wall of noise, but if Raw Radar War were coming down the street and you just stood there looking at the approaching commotion, you would definitely be flattened and then discarded like so much unwanted detritus. Yeah, they’re that good. Duh.

Post subject: Re: Raw Radar War,Psycho,Rampant Decay-The Rosebud,2/5/11
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:08 pm 

Writing reviews at 4am? You're a freak!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]