Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:32 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: The Americans
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:19 pm 

Anyone up for this. In a few weeks and I think it's one of the most interesting shows on television..(Keri Russel's little tasty box running around doesn't hurt either)

Set in the 80's/Cold War era, written by ex-CIA operative (so Ive heard/read) which I guess gives it a level of credibility. Hide in plain site theme...

Thought the pilot was spot-on..the subsequent few are developing storylines that could get real interesting, though I almost thought the feds were getting too close, too quick..but was more of a red herring which was diverted quickly in this last episode.

I'm onboard..and so far out of the gate, Im thinking it's one of the better shows on right now

Post subject: Re: The Americans
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:01 pm 

I'm liking it a lot so far. It definitely has a better chance of lasting than AMC's Rubicon did. It's much faster paced in comparison, and you can actually believe there will be a payoff. I still wish Rubicon had been given a full season because even though nothing really ever happened, it had a really tense atmosphere and the acting was great.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:02 pm 

Got it set for recording, but haven't gotten myself up to speed...seems very promising based on what I've seen, read and heard.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:56 pm 

Season 3 has gotten off to a slow start, but you can tell it's building up to something big. I hope, anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:14 pm 

The last two episodes have really picked up steam. There's still a heck of a lot of storylines that I don't know how they're going to resolve, but my worries that the show was losing my interest are gone. This is really the only must-see show for me.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]