Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:08 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: The Amazing Spiderman
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:14 am 

Anyone seen it? Last week I re-watched spiderman 2 and got pretty pumped for it... Then I hired Spiderman 3 - which I had not seen before (and I had forgotten about the bad reviews). Oh man, what a fucking train wreck. I can't believe how terrible 3 was.

I know the amazing spiderman is a "reboot", but after watching 3 I don't know how excited I can get about the new film.

Post subject: Re: The Amazing Spiderman
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:13 pm 

I have not heard kind things about it. Most people I've talked to have said it's Spider-Man 3 levels of bad. The only good thing that had to say about it was that Garfield and Stone did great jobs playing Parker and Stacy, respectively.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:28 pm 

I watched it with my son. It was actually not bad, not SO good that it needed to reboot the franchise. Spiderman 3 levels of bad is objectively incorrect, but it wasn't anywhere near the first 2. Garfield and Stone are incredible in their respective roles.

The thing that annoyed me the most (other than the way the Lizard looked, the goombas from the Mario movie anyone??) was that they seemed to take EVERY opportunity to have Spidey take off his mask. Whether it was needed or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:28 pm 

Given that it was conceived solely so Sony could keep the film rights, the director's only previous film was the hipster romcom 500 Days of Summer (I liked it, but it was as hipster as hipster hipsters), AND it was apparently heavily recut at the eleventh hour, it was better than it deserved to be. Falls apart upon further reflection, though. Still, I'd watch it again, if only for Emma Stone. +1 on her chemistry with Andrew Garfield.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:05 pm 

I'm still just pissed that they ever even rebooted it at all. The Raimi-trilogy is f'n amazing, and they should just have left it alone after that.

http://10000years.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/TenThousandyrs
http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:21 am 

Yeah they didn't need to reboot anything at all. They should have just progressed with the character and kept his mask on.

I did like how Spidey was more cocky/vocal with the bad guys in this version though. But him as Peter Parker, didn't fit as well.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]