Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Life's Too Short
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:23 am 

I'm not a Ricky Gervais worshipper, but I think his shows are genius. "Life's Too Short" is no exception. Two episodes and it's as good if not better than "Extras."

Post subject: Re: Life's Too Short
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:19 am 

It's the exact same as Extras. If I hadn't seen Extras already, I probably would have thought it was great. But it's just a rehash with different characters.

It has its funny moments, but overall it's just too familiar.

Favourite part

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:30 am 

Such a disappointment after Gervais & Merchant's previous wonders. I absolutely adore everything they (and Pilkington) have done up to this and Gervais' terrible Science show. The XFM shows and Gervais' first two solo shows are especially close to my heart.

Warwick Davis doing a David Brent impression and falling over is only funny for so long. Not to mention how all the other characters are just versions of characters from The Office and Extras. When Gervais lost weight, his funny must've went with it.

It just feels lazy, like they wrote a quick first draft and just stopped there. One popular theory making the rounds is that Stephen Merchant was too busy with his standup tour/special Hello Ladies and couldn't commit fully to the writing like he had in the past. Sounds about right, since this does have Gervais all over it. Without Merchant to reel him in, this is what you'd get.

The Liam Neeson scene and the suicide chat with Cheggers, Barry and Les Dennis were just about the only great scenes. Helena Bonham Carter, whom I normally like, was appallingly bad.

They should've done a spinof show centered around Darren Lamb & Barry, that would've been fucking incredible. Needs to happen. This has just been depressing.

Oh well, at least An Idiot Abroad delivered.

Post subject: Life's Too Short
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:43 am 

I'm pissed off because my fucking DVR cut off the last 5 min of an idiot abroad last night

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:45 pm 

The second episode was fucking hysterical. One of the funniest episodes of any TV show that I have ever seen.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]