Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:55 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Superjail
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:51 pm 

This show is basically one of the best things that ever happened in my life.

I have the first season on DVD. It is awesome. Every episode is truly amazing on so many levels, the animation, the trippy themes, the surreal editing, The Twins, the other characters. You name it, it rules.

They mixed things up a bit in the second season. That's cool, they tried new things, didn't stick with the same old formula and the "GI Joe" episode was so mindblowing, I almost dropped a William Shatner in my Underoos.

The backstories revealed in the second season are my favourite parts.

Here's to a third season on the way! (Hopefully...)

I was here, but I dis-appare. You can get it if you really want, but you must try, try and try, you succeed at last.

Post subject: Re: Superjail
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:30 pm 

I really need to watch some more of it. I've only caught a couple episodes, but they were pretty awesome. Love the animation. I really enjoyed the episode where the Warden dies temporarily to fix Superjail's ghost problem.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:32 am 

I am not going to force your hand, obviously, nor your eyes. However, if you were into the ghost episode, I feel there are far stronger episodes from the second season. Great, great show, it never ceases to amaze me.

Some of the episodes in the second season go beyond South Park in terms of being completely irreverent to existing social taboos, and still, they make poignant social commentaries that are spot on. It's not just about gore and shock tactics, although that is obviously a big part of it, when push comes to shove. It's just done mindfully, with purpose, with intent, and the impact is a direct result of those intentions and purposes.

I was here, but I dis-appare. You can get it if you really want, but you must try, try and try, you succeed at last.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:44 pm 

Dinger wrote:
I am not going to force your hand, obviously, nor your eyes. However, if you were into the ghost episode, I feel there are far stronger episodes from the second season. Great, great show, it never ceases to amaze me.

Some of the episodes in the second season go beyond South Park in terms of being completely irreverent to existing social taboos, and still, they make poignant social commentaries that are spot on. It's not just about gore and shock tactics, although that is obviously a big part of it, when push comes to shove. It's just done mindfully, with purpose, with intent, and the impact is a direct result of those intentions and purposes.

Man you read into that show WAY more than I do.

It's just* fucking fun in a time of such political correct balderdashery. That and it's great to watch in a "compromised" state.

*Not saying their aren't overt socio-political overtones or subtexts, I simply don't look for them or think about them when watching.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:11 am 

Audi0phile wrote:
Man you read into that show WAY more than I do.

It's just* fucking fun in a time of such political correct balderdashery. That and it's great to watch in a "compromised" state.

*Not saying their aren't overt socio-political overtones or subtexts, I simply don't look for them or think about them when watching.

Yeah. This.

Great show to zone out too. Fun ride.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]