Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:50 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 99 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:09 am 

And Rooker's cameo was fucking awesome, although kind of pointless plot-wise as Darryl didn't change socially after he got back to camp (and after being shot!). But the actual scenes were rad. Nobody does southern roughneck as good as Rooker.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:06 am 

I assumed the writers were holding off his eventual flip-out so other characters can be addressed and he could heal.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:55 am 

That finale was pretty fucking sweet! Surprised there hasn't been talk about it on here. The writing is much improved in the second season here so far. Just as they start getting a bit comfortable, things end up going more terribly than they have before.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:44 am 

Just when I thought they were sticking to the book far more than in season 1 they go and pull that shit.

but besides the people still alive who should be dead and the people who are dead that should be alive (and still are in the book, 90 issues in) it's been a pretty good season so far.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:52 am 

Sorry, I couldn't type with all the laughing I was doing. How many episodes was the girl "lost", meanwhile doctor cares-a-lot knew where she was the whole time? Six? I LOLed big time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:26 pm 

cyberspaceship wrote:
Sorry, I couldn't type with all the laughing I was doing. How many episodes was the girl "lost", meanwhile doctor cares-a-lot knew where she was the whole time? Six? I LOLed big time.

Agreed that they spent too much time on the hunt for Sophia, though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:37 pm 

Yeah, I think if you revisit the timeline, Otis would have collected Sophia while Rick was stressed out about Carl and/or unconscious from giving blood while everyone else was strewn out looking for them. By the time the rest of the camp got to the farm (and Sophia became the center of attention), Otis and Shane had already left for the school. Otis' job of collecting the dead had probably gotten so routine, he wouldn't tell the others about it, especially as something as unthreatening as a little girl zombie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:07 am 

Hershel said they had to do Otis's job now referring to collecting the walkers and Otis never knew they were looking for the girl.

Either Hershel didn't know about Sophia being in there, or he didn't mention it because he never wanted the group to find out about the barnwalkers in the first place.

I've come around on them killing Sophia. it goes fine with the books' already well established track record that none of the main cast is ever safe. but it was still pretty harsh as the last issue had a lot of focus on Sophia and her relationship with members of the group.

Kirkman had better not kill off Maggie in the show.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:00 pm 

I LOL'ed later when I thought about them keeping Sophia locked up for so long and not telling anyone. But really, how come she wasn't just eaten? She could fight off a walker? I am still enjoying the show though. It could go either way if it continues to do nothing. I did like the scene of Atlanta being napalmed. Comes back in 2 months.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:04 am 

Nice ending to tonight's episode featuring a 1-2 minute excerpt of Clutch's "The Regulator."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:01 am 

Off to a really good start.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:38 am 
Site Admin

Yeah, was pretty pleased with the new episode as well. Clutch was a nice topper too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:41 am 

"So we're going from 7 episodes looking for a dead girl to 6 episodes trapped in a bar? Okay." -My thought on the ending of tonight's episode.

But really, I have no intention of abandoning this until it gets cancelled (whenever that is). And I dug tonight's episode, so having more episodes that will hopefully be good and have fun stuff going on is a nice bonus.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:06 pm 

Put this in a perspective of a PG-13 zombie movie with alot of dialogue and it's pretty bad. Seriously. Sunday night there is little else on here, so maybe thats why?

Put it on TV and everyone talks about it. I dont get it...though I do watch it, I dont see the 'great series' or 'decent start of the season' I saw more of the same. Had a choice to watch this or Worst Cook and taped the latter. Shouldve gone with Bobby Flay.

Finally got to see something out of Rick (other than sappy semantics and puppy dog face)..the old man wants em out, pronto and they send the kid up to the house to get rest. Yikes. Another episode discussing the barn, the dead zombie girl, and getting tossed from farmhouse. This has been going on since the season opener.

How do the writers get accolades for such poor screen writing adaptation? I hear the book/graphic series is pretty killer, still. This is pretty poor stuff. 30 seconds of Clutch song a good show is not made.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:58 pm 

So last night's premiere did alright with 8.1 million viewers for the 9pm airing and a combined 10.1 million across the three airings. No numbers for DVR yet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:52 am 

If they're trying to set a new smell-the-fart-acting record with this show, they're doing a helluva job.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:17 am 

:( to this last episode. Who will be the voice of reason now?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:43 am 

The outrage and condemnation of this show I've seen in regards to this episode has been delicious.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:29 am 

No outrage from me; the big question I came away with was "Is Carl fuckin' retarded?" I mean, I can see the kid not having what it took to shoot that walker, but why wouldn't he tell anyone about it, already existing in this world for several weeks? Pretty major plot hole, unless they're dead set on making the kid out to be completely psychotic/defective.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:57 am 

I got the sense of him "acting out" like preteens do, as he's not being treated as an adult yet. For obvious good reason.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:05 pm 

What was that that they zoomed in on on the horizon at the end of the episode. I was at the other end of the room.
And I'm an old man with bad eyesight apparently...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:18 pm 

HORNS wrote:
What was that that they zoomed in on on the horizon at the end of the episode. I was at the other end of the room.
And I'm an old man with bad eyesight apparently...

A prison.

I can't believe they actually introduced that character. I figured it would never, ever happen and that it was beyond the scope of what they were going to do with the show. And then she shows up with sword and chained zombies. Such an awesome reveal. Can't wait for season 3 now. Prison reveal was pretty cool too, but the character reveal was the highlight of the season for me because I've been dying for her to show up.

If they fuck season 3 up the outrage expressed by the internet hordes will make any griping about season 2 look incredibly minor. We're going into what I consider to be the best material of the comic and could be in for some very wonderful TV if it's done right. Rick's in the right mindset for it, which leaves me hopeful.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:34 am 

I really dug the second installment of the second series. My only gripes are I thought the Randall drama was drawn out quite a bit too long and the kid is fucking stupid and annoying. The introduction to the new character at the end definitely gave the show a comic book element I wasn't feeling before, but it remains to be seen if I'll be down with that development or not. They've pretty much exhausted most of the stock zombie scenarios, so they might need to get more comic-booky with chicks that can command zombies, building rocket backpacks, etc... to keep it interesting and fresh.

I'm really glad they kept Hershel alive. It was fun watching him "wake" up and become somewhat of a bad-ass. My favorite character on the show besides Darryl.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:21 am 

2nd half was pretty good, I agree. Its an above average TV show for me. Lori is a pain and I wonder how that other woman's hair stays buzzed. Daryl's brother should come back again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:52 pm 

Carefully avoiding reading this as I'm only up to 2,10 but just thought I'd stick my head in here to say:

Hell yeah, Clutch on tv!
Well, the soundtrack anyway.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 99 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next