Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 99 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:24 pm 

Never saw this show before this weekend. AMC just ran a marathon, both seasons. I totally dug it, watched it for the entire day today, like 11 hours. I missed some episodes yesterday, had to go out. Was totally psyched Dale got killed off, couldn't stand that guy. Can't wait for season 3 now. Cool show.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:58 pm 

Soooo....
S3 anyone?

Rick looks broken, times are hard but it seems there's a promise of refuge.
I dig it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:34 pm 

I had some nitpicky complaints about the premiere, but I think the new season is off to a promising. I completely spaced out and forgot about watching this past Sunday. Swear I thought today was Monday.

I'm more excited for the potential this season has. This is the highest point of the comic, so I'm hoping they don't fuck it up. So far so good, at least.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:08 am 

jailguardmaskfaceripoff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:38 am 

These were the best back-to-back episodes of the entire serial, so Season 3 is looking really promising so far.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:13 am 

I fast forward through at least one conversation an episode, even this season so far. I'm never more than mildly entertained but it's good enough. Got to admit I was pleased with Rick last episode for his decisions prisoner-wise and for his handling of Lori. I was sure there would be tons of pointless hand-wringing over both of those issues.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:57 am 

This show is my new Sopranos. I'm addicted. I glue myself to the tv sundays at 9 and am dead to the world. I get pissed when a car drives by and makes noise. Every episode I think, no way this can get get better/weirder/more intense, and BAM, another episode, another cliffhanger, another 6 days and 23 hours to go. I am loving how they're exploring every aspect of survival, with this new guy, like it's normal to just kill people and put their heads in fish tanks, what is the purpose? I don't know, but I know they'll tell me, because there's always a reason behind each character's actions, it's all about the purpose of survival, we just haven't been shown why yet. It's really fucking edge of your seat shit, I'm completely engrossed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:30 am 

Well that was a rough, but fun, episode. Kudos to the writers for making the death of one character I didn't care about and the death of another I was anxiously waiting to get dead actually make me uneasy and upset.

Really pleased with how this season has gone so far. What I've seen so far leaves me hopeful that some of the more, uh, visceral, moments from the comic will have the same emotional (if not physical) impact if they're depicted during the show's version of this story arc.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:32 am 

Yeah, good and brutal episode. Easily the best season they've had so far; no duff episodes so far. Having a second group established with the Andrea/Merle tie-in has really helped as well in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:48 pm 

This season is fucking ace. The last episode alone had me more worked up and anxious on the couch than any episode of Breaking Bad from the last two seasons. I mean, come on... if Walt's mannish bitch of a wife (or any of the female characters on that show) died suddenly I would be relieved that they couldn't burden my enjoyment anymore. Whereas, Rick's wife(who I never thought was lame per se) didn't monopolize huge segments of every episode. She was written in perfectly and when she got killed off last night I could feel a hole in my heart the storyline was shaken up so much.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:20 am 

I felt bad for hating Ricks wife. Her and Shane were the only characters I would fucking plead with the show to kill off. After that, I felt bad for wanting that. Good job, Walking Dead, I feel like a monster and a douche.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:55 am 

Don't. Rick and Carl became even better characters after she died in the comic, and Carl at least is already a better character in the show for having finished the job. If anything, it's a little overdue character development considering a certain something very early in the comic played out differently in the show.

Speaking of Carl's development, I'm liking this quicker pace he has going on in the show. Those that have kept up with the comic ought to be familiar with how long it took him to reach this point. I'm genuinely interested to see what role he'll play at the end of this story arc now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:32 am 

Shouldn't the prison group have, I dunno, spent some time actually looking for Carol first before digging an assumed grave for her? I guess the prison group gives as much of a shit about her as I do.

Also stop ruining Michonne. Her persistent scowly face is annoying me, and her being dead set against not wanting to be there (at least before tonight's episode) just feels like lazy writing. I understand being suspicious, but she didn't want to be in Woodbury from the second they stepped foot in the place.

Also also, I keep expecting David Morrissey to tell Michonne to mind her surroundings. Cripes does he sound like Liam Neeson.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:56 am 

Hah, no shit on the David Morrissey sounding like Liam Neeson. It's uncanny.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:02 pm 

I did not snap that one of the graves was for Carol. Not even sure why they dug them since no one actually got buried in them??? I guess they got too busy to even try to look for here, I'm surprised she did not turn back up. Is Rick going to clear the prison himself?

I like the gov'ner kept his kid and they pull there teeth. She seems laid back for being dead, put a cover over her head and she is good???

This season is the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 am 

The episode's director indicated that Carol bit it in the Talking Dead that followed, that two of the graves were being filled in with the third empty one left for Lori, who got completely eaten by the zombie that Rick found inside the prison.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:21 pm 

Mr Red wrote:
The episode's director indicated that Carol bit it in the Talking Dead that followed, that two of the graves were being filled in with the third empty one left for Lori, who got completely eaten by the zombie that Rick found inside the prison.

I'm guessing she isn't dead, or they would have shown her getting eaten. Maybe that 's her on the phone? Can't imagine they would kill off Tdog to save her, and then kill her off without even showing it.
I dunno, one of the few things I like about the show is they do kill off the main characters periodically.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:22 pm 

lftwng4 wrote:
Mr Red wrote:

I'm guessing she isn't dead, or they would have shown her getting eaten. Maybe that 's her on the phone? Can't imagine they would kill off Tdog to save her, and then kill her off without even showing it.
I dunno, one of the few things I like about the show is they do kill off the main characters periodically.

Yes that seems strange to kill her off with out showing it. I liked the bloated zombie that ate Lori. That was funny.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:04 am 

Well, Carol IS still alive. I wouldn't have taken it for granted if that director hadn't said out loud that she was a goner on Talking Dead. It did seem out of character for them to kill off one of the group without showing it though. I was just assuming she was going to come back as a zombie like Sophie did.

Only a couple of more shows until the do the AMC mid-season stop-eroo. These next couple should be the set up of Rick's group moving into Woodbury. Seeing Darrell and Merle's interactions after all this time, after everything that's happened is going to be a trip.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:18 am 

Read earlier this week that a "fan favorite" character from the comic will show up at the fall break. I'm hoping a hammer is involved. That's the popular speculation, at least.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:00 pm 

Bullio wrote:
Also stop ruining Michonne. Her persistent scowly face is annoying me, and her being dead set against not wanting to be there (at least before tonight's episode) just feels like lazy writing. I understand being suspicious, but she didn't want to be in Woodbury from the second they stepped foot in the place.

This! Yes, we get it, she's a fucking bad ass, we got that after we saw her for three seconds at the end of last season. But this whole "I Wanna leave" "Why" "Are you coming or not" is bush league.

I look past it most of the time because the character is a bad ass, but fuck it wouldn't be that hard for her to see something that made the place seem like it was dangerous, but nope, she'sa bad ass with a sword, OF COURSE she wouldn't want to stay in that town.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:13 pm 

The Lodger wrote:
Bullio wrote:

This! Yes, we get it, she's a fucking bad ass, we got that after we saw her for three seconds at the end of last season. But this whole "I Wanna leave" "Why" "Are you coming or not" is bush league.

I look past it most of the time because the character is a bad ass, but fuck it wouldn't be that hard for her to see something that made the place seem like it was dangerous, but nope, she'sa bad ass with a sword, OF COURSE she wouldn't want to stay in that town.

To be fair, she did see some blood and bullet holes on that army truck they brought back, so I think she kinda knows something is wrong there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:28 am 

I would agree that Michonne has been a pretty one-note character up to this point in time. Now that she has encountered Rick's group though, they'll have an opportunity to bring the character to life a little bit more.

I like the show more now that it's running like a live action comic book than the Romero-inspired gothic drama it was in the first couple of seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:02 am 

Mid-season finale on Sunday. Pretty stoked to see how they incorporate Cutty Wise from The Wire into the mix.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:05 pm 

That...was...AWESOME!

Fuck you December. You too, January. Bring on February!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 99 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next