Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:16 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Revisiting LOST
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:23 pm 

LOVED the show and it was definitely my favorite show on network television while it aired.

At the time, I found the ending to be a complete let down. It seemed to make the entire show seem insignificant to me; like every story line served no purpose, had no meaning, and were there just because. I thought maybe it was in emotional reaction that over time might diminish.

Its now over a year later and I find that nothings changed. I really think the writers did the show a huge disservice with that ending. I always said LOST and THE WIRE were the 2 best shows from the last decade, now I say without hesitation that that honor goes to THE WIRE. I still like LOST a lot but that ending really ruined things for me. Given the randomness of the storylines, the questions raised that the writers never even tried to answer, I am just left with a somewhat empty feeling towards the show.

Post subject: Re: Revisiting LOST
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:05 am 

I loved Lost while it was on....for the first 2 seasons. Season 3 was shit. 4 got a bit better. 5 was....I don't even know what that was. I starting watching it because of all the people from Oz were in it. I think the ending still had all of us Lost fans talking about it, which was the fun of watching that show. Despite the glaring plot holes I still like the show because I'll always remember the fun I had trying to figure it out.

Also this guy:

Best Drama of that decade: The Wire.
Best Comedy of said decade: Arrested Development

Post subject: Re: Revisiting LOST
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:37 pm 

They did some great one and done episodes, like the one about the Hispanic guy and the evil chick from Hurley's favorite TV show. That was an awesome bit of Twilight Zone-y goodness.
The ending wasn't great, but so few endings are great that I never judge anything by how it ends. It's how it's told and what it says that matters to me.

I enjoyed the series while I was watching it, that's all that really matters to me. I never got caught up in the speculation so I wasn't ever let down by anything, because I had no expectations.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]