Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Black Swan
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:03 am 

This is by far one of the best movies to come out of Hollywood in the last ten years. I was very, very surprised at how good this was, considering it's A) about ballet, and B) promotion focused on the lesbian sex scene.

Of course, the creators of the movie don't choose how it's going to be promoted and advertised, and if a movie is well done and well directed, it should be able to draw you into any subject matter.

This movie was incredibly beautiful, the aesthetics were picture perfect to a T. There are hints of Cronenberg, especially Crash, plus American Psycho, and some of the scenes are reminiscent of Requiem For A Dream. Natalie Portman gives a strong performance, the best I've seen in awhile for her, which only goes to show that good directing goes a long way when it comes to coaxing great performances from the actors.

Mila Kunis...well, that's a different story. Not really sure how she got this role, to be quite honest, but there's some speculation that it was because she is friends with Portman outside of the set, and that could very well be, I'm sure Bolt can fill us in on how things work in Hollywood.

All in all, I would rate this movie a 4.5 out of 5. When I finished watching it, I immediately wanted to watch it again, which is a rare, rare thing. If it weren't for Kunis, I would give it a perfect 5 stars.

I was here, but I dis-appare. You can get it if you really want, but you must try, try and try, you succeed at last.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]