Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 22 of 22   [ 536 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Song of Ice and Fire HBO series
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:14 pm 

Without giving anything away....It's another character who ends up betrothed to Ramsay that we haven't and probably won't meet in the show. It's still a Littlefinger machination, but it doesn't involve Sansa. At least, at this point it doesn't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:56 am 

Cool. It's been a nice variance/exposition from the novels imo. Very unsettling.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:42 pm 

My favorite part of Jon Snow's story is featured heavily this season. His relationship to Stannis is pretty cool and compelling. Like, you know Stannis was fucking pissed that Jon turned down his offer in favor of the Nights Watch. The way Dillane plays Stannis you can sense an admiration that Snow is a man of his word even if it is contrary to his endgame.

And I've never been a fan of the Daario/Dany love connection but at least in the show it's more tolerable. In the books, I found that story arc to be unbearable and juvenile, imo.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:40 am 

Crutch wrote:
And I've never been a fan of the Daario/Dany love connection but at least in the show it's more tolerable. In the books, I found that story arc to be unbearable and juvenile, imo.

Haha. In the books she's, what, 15-16 at that point?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:22 am 

cyberspaceship wrote:
Crutch wrote:

Haha. In the books she's, what, 15-16 at that point?

Yeah, her povs are like a twitterpated fucking school girl in Dance. I understand why it is that way, but god damn.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:22 am 

Though this season has a ton of deviations from the book, it's so far shaping out to be one of the better seasons of this show. It reminds me of season 1. Starting out slow and a long, slow burn with this feeling that something very very terrible is about to happen but you can't guess where its going to come at you from.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:02 am 

I think this is definitely one of the best seasons they've had and it seems to me that it's because of the liberties the TV writers have taken with the story. From what I've read, they have passed the books as far as most of the threads have gone.

I've like Season Five enough that I'm rewatching the whole series again. I'm almost done with Season Three. I think I'd have to rank S3 as the worst of them all. I found most of it tedious; Jon Snow with the wilding girl, Bran and Araya doing their respective wanderings, Robb's romance/pre-Red Wedding stuff, Ramsey's capture and the start of the torture of Theon. I'd either rank the first season or this one as the best.

Anyway, looking forward to the finale, although it seems they've probably shot their collective wads with eps 8 & 9 with this.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:19 pm 

Mr Red wrote:
Anyway, looking forward to the finale, although it seems they've probably shot their collective wads with eps 8 & 9 with this.

If they're going to do with what I think they're going to do, the finale will have people lighting their hair on fire. I don't want to spoil anything but those who read Book 5 who have been following the show can probably guess.

A disappointing part of this season has been Dorne. Considering the deviations and consolidations of characters I'm not sure what the end game is for this part of the story (it's a little more clear in the books)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:12 am 

Not lighting my hair on fire but man it's hard to classify this show as entertaining now-it's painful to watch. Not even sure if I liked this season, especially the last two episodes those were just evil and kinda dumb. Are the Crows just pretending the White Walkers don't exist or are they just full of Wilding rage? There's no insight into what they think about the coming army, seems like we should hear something about what they think.

Little Finger was right about the uselessness of Brianne-is there a point to her existence? What she did in the last ep was not really her doing and it would've happened anyway.

Def the first time after a season I've not thought this was the best 1 or 2 tv series ever. not just because of what happened to characters(trying not to spoil) but because it just kind of blew this season

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:13 am 

I liked this season a lot and stand by my earlier assertion that it was one of the better seasons. I will admit that the showrunners pushed the boundaries of taste in this PC-era, but I actually admire to an extent. I actually think the Cersea scene was in worst taste than the Sansa one, but when it's all over, I guess you won't forget either.

The Stannis family/sacrifice and Jon Snow threads were apparently endorsed by RR Martin. I'm down with how both worked out. The Stannis thread worked out to it's logical conclusion (dude killed his brother for fuck's sake) and the Snow resolution just dug deeper the DOOM of the situation of the North/White Walker situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:25 pm 

They show did the Daenerys/Mereen storyline far better than the book did.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 22 of 22   [ 536 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22