Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:30 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Horror
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:57 pm 

not the same old, 'whats your fave flick' tiredness, but shoot out some lesser known, 'under the radar' films..upcoming, out or possibly missed

Sauna - not a straight up 'horror' film, but some pretty horrific sequences, great story and terrific cinematography

Black Death - Dude from LOTR (Sean Bean) and his 'merry men' of assassins are sent to an island village to look into the word of a supposed necromancer and why the black plague hasnt settled in there. Another, not necessarily a horror film, but close enough. Good story. Has a "Wicker Man' feel to it with a solid story, good scenes, scenery and gore/creepiness.

In Their Sleep - French bloody slasher film. I liked it..part of the IFC Midnight run of terrific films

The Horde - A somewhat new take oin a getting tired storyline. French zombie flick involving cops/dealers in the slums, trying to get out of the building as the there is a zombie holocaust erupting outside. Decent gore, good characters. A for originality. I dug it.

Post subject: Re: Horror
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:46 am 

I'm a fan of the East Asian horror movies:

A Tale of Two Sisters is a psychological horror movie that does a great job of setting up atmosphere and the entire movie has an aura of creepiness to it.

Thirst. Good take on a vampire story. Made by the same guy who did the Vengeance trilogy (Old Boy being the most popular one).

Kairo Made by the son of Akira Kurosawa. Great atmosphere again (which is why I love the horror movies from this region).

Post subject: Re: Horror
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:01 pm 

Lady Frankenstein: maybe it isn't obscure enough for this thread, but I dig it a bunch. Mostly because Rosalba Neri(Sara Bey) is so fucking hot. And naked. But I also dig the atmosphere of the Eurotrash films of that era. Love 'em all.

Suture: Not so much horror as a psychological thriller. Plus, it's got 2 different guys playing identical twins, which kinda messes with you.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]