Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 71 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sons of Anarchy
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:11 pm 

Season 4 premieres on Tues. Sept. 6th!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:11 pm 

dbl pst

Last edited by Bongzilla on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:28 am 

We just wrapped up the first two seasons via Netflix streaming, but fuckin' Netflix only has season 3 on disc, and there's a "very long wait" for the discs. Meh.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:49 am 

Arzy--I can get em to you. They're about 500-770mb per epi. 5g total..let me know if you have a suggestion.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:26 pm 

Yeah, I'll figure something out. Me n the missus are hooked bad on the show.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:30 pm 

going in the DB account 3 at a time..go get em

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:13 am 

Haven't noticed a drop in quality for Season 3 (thanks again, Karl!) although I'm sort of on the fence on the idea of a motorcycle gang in Belfast. It seems like such an American concept, especially presented the way it is in the show.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:45 am 

Okay, two episodes from the end and I can see how this season would be frustrating. I think watching them in batches of 2 - 3 helped with the overall flow, but once the end game started, the constant bait and switch tactics of the previous episodes became more obvious.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

Glad Irish Danzig bought it. That guy was an embarassment to Danzigs everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:08 pm 

MC's have flourished in Europe in recent times.

Tonight!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:18 pm 

Good episode. Might just be a good season.

Is it just me or has the chick that plays Tara lost whatever small amount of acting talent she's had up till now?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:59 pm 

She was never a strong actress, but yeah..she hasnt gained any acting merit over the break

I thought the episode was 'okay'. Seems they left the meat and potatoes for the last 10 minutes and the upcoming episode trailer.

SPOILER BELOW

We were supposed to guess it was the Russians that had Jackson worked over and stabbed in the clink (obviously from the scars they zoomed in on a few times) or did they reveal it and I missed it? The retribution scene at the end could have been perceived as purely eliminating the competition/split profits, but thought about it, was probably a bit of both? I guess they were expecting the viewer to figure that one out

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:08 pm 

Yeah I don't get that, unless they're gonna cover it in a flashback? There was a preview/teaser clip from FX online that showed Jax getting stabbed in prison, but obviously it wasn't in this episode...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:32 pm 

anyone notice when clay wanted jax and opie to go with him to meet the russians and tig got kind of bent about it...wonder if this will be a reoccuring thing and if so what's the deal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:36 am 

I found it an interesting episode, lots of new things coming up, lots of relationships who can turn sour. It definitely opens up a lot of doors for story arcs for the season.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:05 pm 

I thought it was just ok too. but after season 3 I'm not expecting a quality season like #2 anymore. Let's see if Sutter can revive his story here to seemingly kill it. One thing that bothers me it how flawlessly their plans succeed and they rarely take an injury.

It will be interesting now that most of the club is on parole, they're not allowed to wear their cuts in the open and they have gang task force sitting on them with that main investigator really overacting.

Jax's personal life has consistently been the most uninteresting thread on this show. Hopefully it gets shelved for a good long while as Jax leaving SAMCRO isn't hardly feasible yet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:47 pm 

I'm not going out of my way to avoid talking about the show/giving things away in a show discussion thread, so if that bothers anyone...watch the fucking show first.

/ez wrote:
We were supposed to guess it was the Russians that had Jackson worked over and stabbed in the clink (obviously from the scars they zoomed in on a few times) or did they reveal it and I missed it?

They revealed it but only quickly...during the initial meeting with the Russians the head guy motions to Jax and says something like "it was just business, we cool?" (paraphrasing). And note that the head guy Jax stabbed was hit in roughly the same places as Jax's scars, which would imply that he ordered the hit. The guy who got the scalpel in the ear from Otto was the guy who actually carried out the attack. I'm assuming the prison experience will turn up as flashbacks, or maybe DVD bonus material.

And I loved the red herring with the fed who was undercover with the Russians...they set him up to be a potential threat and then he just gets blown away with the rest. Obviously his death will carry repercussions but that gave me flashbacks to the first episode of The Shield. Anyway great first episode back, I agree that the 'personal life' stuff can be a drag but I still think it is one of the better dramas on television.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:40 pm 

tonight!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:53 am 

Yet another Shield alum makes an appearance! AssInvader!

And did anyone catch what Bobby said to Clay right at the very end when the cartel was leaving? Something like "The cartel doesn't know that we...". I couldn't catch what he said and didn't feel like staying up for the replay. Hopefully someone here caught it or has it DVR'd.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:46 pm 

had to do a bit of synopsis searching the last two weeks, to help remember character names and the writers careful omission of upcoming plot moves. I seriously didnt notice what you're referring to there, but now Im curious

The empty shot being poured onto the floor at the end (which I wasnt sure about) was for 'a fallen brother'..in this case, maybe JT? or maybe someone else? Jackson losing his way? Not too sure..

http://m.clatl.com/screengrab/archives/ ... -episode-2

that link helped me with a few things..theres a few other with a quick google search..I do agree that the Jax/Opie truck scene, where Opie launched (or jumped?) was kind of contrived and the slow mo crash brought back visions of Ponch and John.

This season kind of rules so far. The writing is better than last season, so far..

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:50 pm 

oh and the addition of Danny Trejo is perfect

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:48 pm 

I am kind of nervous to see what gemma does about tara and the letters. I can't believe what happened to the club house. There must be something done about it in retaliation, right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:52 pm 

Bobby said (paraphrase) "The cartel doesn't know that we haven't voted on this arrangement yet, do they?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:58 pm 

...oh, and I think I've bitched about this before but the implausibilities are hard to swallow. At Opie's wedding, shitloads of people see the Russians there, then they walk off to test guns, get killed, and the club members come back with no Russians, after gunshots, and no one even glanced? Jax spit on the one guy as they walked away. Homicide detectives would be like "thanks for the DNA sample", open and shut case..
This episode, the cartel guys and MC guys kill a houseful of Russians and leave a horrific murder scene with DNA of Opie and Jax all over the place: blood, hair, spit, etc. All those felonies in a small town right after their parole? I know it's television and the average joe doesn't know enough about bikers and cops to make it unrealistic in their eyes but still....

Anyway, complaints aside I'm liking this season so far..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:06 am 

Liking the season and where it's going. Is this the last season? I'm wondering only because once they include the mexican cartel, there's pretty much no way out. Its just that much of a bigger (and closer) entity with lower tolerance than the Irish connections.

Opie has been throned this years dickhead, thats for sure. Great ending to this weeks episode and wondering how the story about the missing kilo will unfold under further scrutiny. Because he dropped some random questions on Chibs that may come out soon. The story about Tig and his daughter was kind of lame.

When Clay said he was going to protect himself and the club, in regards to the letters, you knew that meant Tara was getting offed, so bring it on. Just a matter of Jax finding out where the directives are coming from, as Wayne getting involved with the anonymous warning at the end, only makes it that more interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:31 pm 

I'm not sure if there's been an announcement regarding more seasons; I think this is all that's "official" so far.....as far as the main dickhead, I'd give that crown to Clay, who not only murdered John Teller then murdered Lowell Sr. to cover it up, but now he's trying to kill his V.P/stepson's old lady. That's way worse than anything Op's done IMO.
Good season so far, started a bit slow but picking up steam now.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 71 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next