Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:41 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Conan (2011)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:10 am 

um..no thanks

The more I read from trusted sources for movie reviews, the more I dont want to see it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:33 am 

HORNS wrote:
This movie looks like total dog dick. I don't know what kind of cough syrup you guys are drinking, but fucking come on.

It has ALL the markings of the video game CGI over saturation that we've seen before. Its got every one. I don't think there was a believable lighting scheme in anything I have seen yet. I can do without the Cirque De Soleil pose striking and the gnashed teeth expressions that come at you ad infinitum as well.

This movie will demonstrate AGAIN what we already know. When a filmmaker doesn't have to solve problems... when they can just rely on CGI... they sacrifice their vision to others. Thats why the effects and landscapes in this movie look like so many other movies. I though I saw Harry Potter zip by on his broomstick in one of those shots.

Look at the original Conan and, for example, the tower of Thulsa Doom. They actually built that tower in the deserts of Spain. And they paid for all of those extras and then Milius deftly filmed it at angles to suggest more people than were there. And its believable.

If this guy (whoever the fuck directed this) were to film it now he would put it at Death Star proportions and have the masses extend to the horizon. And it wouldn't be believable or effective. What Milius crafted in the original is something no one had ever seen in a fantasy movie before - and more than that, film makers have been trying to emulate ever since.

This movie is schlock. Hack. Garbage.
On top of that, the soundtrack is fucking nu metal gay and the actor playing Conan looks like a nancy boy.

Burn Hollywood Burn.

Couldn't have said it better. And Marcus Nispel is a childhood-buddy of mine who I totally respect for actually achieving what he wanted as a teenager (becoming a Hollywood-director). Too bad his movies are shit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:44 am 

So how was it? That actor was bad-ass in that Book of Fire and Ice mini-series HBO just did.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:24 pm 

I saw this movie and it sucked ass!!!!! I'm a big Conan fan and this is a festering piece of shit. The first third was good (with young Conan) but after that, its pure garbage.

There are two people to blame. The first is the director who can't stage a fight to save his fucking life. The second is the editor who has ADD and should be shot for ruining Conan.

As for this guy, Moamoa or whatever the fuck his name is....He could of been a decent Conan if he didn't bark his lines all the time. He's got the moves though.

What a fucking shame. I'm glad the movie bombed so there won't be a sequel to this abomination. Just go read the reprints of Savage Sword of Conan instead.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:26 am 

This movie was awesome. Much better than the two Conan movies from the eighties. Better storyline, less talk, more action. Rose was awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:57 am 

this movie sucked.

that is all.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2