Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Blade Runner 2049
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:16 pm 

As a massive fan of the original Director's Cut version: Almost walked out. Yes, that bad. I'm just going to forget this piece of dung was made.

And this is being hailed as the best movie of 2017?!? Hollyweird is circling the drain. I will gladly jiggle the handle to ease the way to the bottom of the shitswamp.

Post subject: Re: Blade Runner 2049
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:47 am 

I really liked it. But what I liked about it the most might have been the intense anxiety in the movie theater as all the middle aged Blade Runner fans were wondering when the hell Ford was going to show up. "I know he's in it! I've seen the trailers!". I could literally see people grimacing and fingers tightening on the armrests.

It's like making a Batman movie and having Batman not show up until an hour in. There would be riots.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:04 pm 

Really telling that the movie got worse after Ford/Deckard arrived on the screen. In my humble opinion, of course. YMMV.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:37 am 

I HATED it!

... and then one night it was on HBO and I started watching it again. And it was pretty good. I guess i'd already shaken the connections to the original and was able to digest it as a standalone film and there was a lot there to appreciate. My only grievance is Jared leto's performance which I thought was lazy and dim.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:50 pm 

HORNS wrote:
I HATED it!

... and then one night it was on HBO and I started watching it again. And it was pretty good. I guess i'd already shaken the connections to the original and was able to digest it as a standalone film and there was a lot there to appreciate. My only grievance is Jared leto's performance which I thought was lazy and dim.

Couldn't you just have said "My only grievance is Jared leto's performance"? The rest is understood.

Anyway, about half an hour too long but still good. One of those movies I'll want to see again but never will because I can't invest that much time in one sitting without moving heaven and earth.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:48 am 

Not a bad movie by any stretch of the imagination, but unnecessary. I felt nothing when watching it, although my brain processed it and I understand that it's a good movie. But totally unnecessary. The original is still as potent and brilliant today as it ever was and it stands tall on its own. A sequel to this masterpiece is just... Unnecessary.

http://10000years.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/TenThousandyrs
http://www.facebook.com/DeathValleyRecords

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]