Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 64 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: the return of stonerrock.com & all that's heavy
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:43 pm 

I should clarify that I'm not trying to be unduly negative or poop in anyone's living room. I realize that this is a forum that we all obviously care about, and it's not cool for me to just put down forums without at least offering some context and perspective. My apologies, it is not my intent to show disrespect.

I feel frustration at the dissolution of the old forum culture, bordering on actual agitation and anger, which are rare emotions for me these days. I agree with MJS about Facebook, and genre specific Facebook groups. They're annoying as fuck. It's the same topics and discussions over, and over, and over, and over again. Todd from Ripple's group is pretty good, and that's about it.

I personally prefer forums, obviously, that's why I still post on them. I just see the writing on the wall and the shape of things to come. Doesn't mean we can't all still enjoy each others' company to the best of our abilities, in a format that we all know and love.

I also agree about DJ's, which is one of the reasons that I make a special point to do guest DJ sets on our local radio station whenever I am able. That's another dying art that really, really shouldn't die off. I have absolutely no stomach for Pandora and that ilk. I don't even put my iPod/iTunes on shuffle. I have different playlists for different moods and day to day activities, and I LOVE making special playlists for events and for people I care about. Kind of hearkens back to the day of mixed tapes that most of us grew up with.....

This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high five you yesterday. Peace!
http://www.facebook.com/PalaceInThunderland
http://palaceinthunderland.bandcamp.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:37 pm 

That’s a lot of curation, Poisonous Ivy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:32 pm 

It's nice to know misshitty can still hold a grudge with the best of them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:25 am 

Facebook is garbage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:35 pm 

XrecaR wrote:

and that Libertycaps is still a clownshoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:09 pm 

I love a carefully ordered playlist, but additionally I have a few massive Spotify playlists that I made with shuffle in mind. When I was balls deep into EVE Online and No Man's Sky, a friend and I collab'd on a spaced-out soundtrack that included not just the usual suspects like ufomammut, heldon, captain beyond, monomyth and so forth but also like, entire comps of shit like this:

...which really work best as unexpected detours.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:46 pm 

Homegrown mix downs/mash-ups are the biz!
Sometimes think i wanna fine tune my olde The Doom that Time Forgot mixes, but i get sidetracked with other stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:40 pm 

I'll probably sign up for it, then post about 4 times a year like I do here and on the "other place".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:32 pm 

I would be especially interested if it included a reboot of all the old content. There were a lot of live show listings and reviews that were unique to that board and are essentially lost to the internet now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:14 am 

H. H. Word wrote:
I would be especially interested if it included a reboot of all the old content. There were a lot of live show listings and reviews that were unique to that board and are essentially lost to the internet now.

Personally, I hope all my posts are gone forever. Heh. Album and show reviews would be nice to look back on, however.

And yeah, for the umpteenth time, fuck Facebook. And even though this is just a forum for discussing dirty drug rock, I hope J.J. strongly considers making it a bit more secure with HTTPS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:45 am 

H. H. Word wrote:

I archived a lot of live reviews on there over the years. It would be fun to revisit that stuff at least. When did Dan eventually pull the plug? Wasn't it like 2010 or around then?

Edit - It was 2010. My sign up on here was 12/4/10 and I know I didn't register here until after sr.com was gone for good.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:08 pm 

XrecaR wrote:

HAHA. Hey I am not holding any grudges here you troll Asshole. Sorry to namecall,but I wasn't the one to bring that here first.

Racer X =FOE'D

I am so sick and tired of losers like that who will attack someone verbally on a forum just because they don't agree with them slightly for whatever petty issue they have. They are cowards,and sad this guy is super old. How old is Racer X now?? Close to being 60 years old?! lol LOSER!!!! Fuck you and your shitty ass band too. Radio will never play your sorry ass because you suck.

I like forums with no drama like this one,but then every now and again some sad troll will infiltrate some forum with their hateful BS. Fuck you RacerX!!!! You don't know me in real life,and you would'nt dare say the shit you spew at me over the years in my face. I dare you to,but you wouldn't because you're a coward hiding behind a keyboard. I can't wait until 20 years from now. Sad old trolls will die the fuck off LOL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:16 pm 

...And what's with all this trollish hate towards Libertycaps anyways??

I don't get it. He's one of the sweetest guys I've ever met on a forum and yet you attack him as if he is the worst person in the world. I guess losery trolls with no life need something to bide their times with lol. Please though, it is getting so old trolling on others on a forum. Let's see you do the same shit 20 years from now when all of this probably wouldn't matter anyways. Get a life!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:49 pm 

H. H. Word wrote:

Hah, I'd like to see some of my stupid live review posts. Stupid probably isn't a strong enough word.

I don't get all the anger on forums. It's typically only a couple people, but man, I just don't understand all the energy that some folks waste on being mad on a small public "music" forum.
^That's rhetorical- I'm not looking for a reply.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:30 pm 

It'd be fun to read my olde Yob, etc. live reviews cuz those Y2K+ era shows were freaking EPIC. Esp. zonked on spaceballs and IPA.

And Cheers, p.ivy. Right back'atcha. Your shows and interviews are freaking awesome! Sincere love for the music to do what you do.

Obvious pathetic trolls are obvious.

Last edited by libertycaps on Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:48 am 

tossom wrote:
I'll probably sign up for it, then post about 4 times a year like I do here and on the "other place".

Let's see who can post the least!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:24 am 

poisin ivy wrote:
XrecaR wrote:

HAHA. Hey I am not holding any grudges here you troll Asshole. Sorry to namecall,but I wasn't the one to bring that here first.

Racer X =FOE'D

I am so sick and tired of losers like that who will attack someone verbally on a forum just because they don't agree with them slightly for whatever petty issue they have. They are cowards,and sad this guy is super old. How old is Racer X now?? Close to being 60 years old?! lol LOSER!!!! Fuck you and your shitty ass band too. Radio will never play your sorry ass because you suck.

I like forums with no drama like this one,but then every now and again some sad troll will infiltrate some forum with their hateful BS. Fuck you RacerX!!!! You don't know me in real life,and you would'nt dare say the shit you spew at me over the years in my face. I dare you to,but you wouldn't because you're a coward hiding behind a keyboard. I can't wait until 20 years from now. Sad old trolls will die the fuck off LOL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:41 pm 

Is that a right hand on a left arm ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:33 pm 

i think it's an alt-right hand

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:21 pm 

From now on I am not engaging with forum trolls anymore.

Say whatever and think whatever LOL.I don't care cuz it doesn't really affect me anymore. I'm close friends with Bill Ward,DMC,etc. now. If you're not cool with me you're not cool with Black Sabbath. Ozzy and Bob Daisley got my back now. Bob will beat the crap outta any shittawkin obscure forum troll on my behalf.He hates the media.

I strongly disagree with Paul John Shaft btw when it comes to Facebook tho. It can be corny on FB but hey I'm friends with actor Eddie Deezen there. I get b-day wishes from Svengoolie. I guess FB would suck if your friends aren't famous.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:55 am 

poisin ivy wrote:
From now on I am not engaging with forum trolls anymore.

Sage advice. Obvious butthurt is obvious.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:36 am 

Crickets LOL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:08 am 

It's up, I registered, and it's... more of the same. Same people from the old site, some of which are here, some of which are on StonerRockLives, and the same old nonsense. There's a certain allure to the fact that it's StonerRock.com and not TheObelisk or StonerRockLives, but other than that, mileage will vary. No matter how you feel about any of the forums, it's a good thing that there's a home for us.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:42 pm 

StonerRockLivesMatter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:48 pm 

Enjoying the new site actually. Very chill so far.

I'll still post up in here from time to time though.

I saw the countdown btw,waited and waited LOLbut glad they put it up.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 64 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next