Change font size
The Obelisk Radio - Now Playing: Loading... (iTunes)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 64 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: the return of stonerrock.com & all that's heavy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:30 pm 

Meh, losers already startin' to troll on me over there.

Hey "ron", why don't you go serve yourself a good heaping serving of GoFuckYourself!!!!?

:)

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:08 pm 

....just like flies to a freshly laid turd.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:33 pm 

Three months in and I think it's kinda so-so,not that bad actually. I admire the effort to keep the old SR.com going. The trolls are definitely there,but it's been mellow last month or so. The trolls stay off my threads and that's hilarious. I can tell they prolly think "Oh that's a thread by 'misskitty',oh no I'm not posting in that' LOL Fuck them idiots tho. Buncha cornballs.

What's up Libertycaps,sign up for an account there? lol.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:53 pm 

I think you're selling it short, you're basically a celebrity over there!

I have been trying to resist the urge to give people shit, but sometimes I get into my cups and I see people posting about how they don't like stoner rock on stoner rock dot com and I can't help but ridicule them.

The worst part of SR2 is that the forum is too slow, so...come argue with us about music and make it more lively!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:05 pm 

The new site's been down since yesterday :(

Hope they're just doing maintenance. I love the new site btw,it turned out to be really cool over there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:59 am 

Looks like they took the whole forum down? After only one year,that's a shame. It could have turned into something good. Oh well forums are a dying breed anyways! Anybody who thinks web forums are still relevant are morons. In 5-10 years I bet they will be completely extinct. Asides from this one,I don't look at them anymore.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:52 am 

Bummer.

I started a pole on SRL to get to the bottom of this:

https://stonerrocklives.com/forum/index ... ;topicseen

SRL is quite busy. If you like talking about hot dogs. And sausages. And food.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:06 am 

It was nice seeing you around though lately Sprague! lol Yea it sucks they took the site down too soon wtf. Not sure I wanna look at any other forum. Just the same old circle jerk of armchair dorks on all of them. It's like that on every forum now it seems,the forums are dying. The old SR.com(early to mid 00's) had a much different vibe.

I looked at the first forum I ever posted on in 1999 called iMusic through the Wayback Machine and it looks like the dark ages. No moderation whatsoever. Just people spamming like crazy about their bands and cursing eachother out. I think I like this place cuz it's soo mellow.

The Black Sabbath forum is cool too but haven't been there in awhile.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:04 pm 

been dicking around on these message boards (no facebook) for 20 damn years now and still havent found one i like enough to take root.

goldilocks scenario, theyre either too small/too big/too serious/too wild/mods are nazis etc. i just want to hear new bands/post stupid pics/post my fake news shit without getting yelled at and/or my shit deleted

this place? it isnt even a forum any more. the phantom-limbed memory of the catacombs of a spiders web entombed

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:11 pm 

Sprague Dawley wrote:
been dicking around on these message boards (no facebook) for 20 damn years now and still havent found one i like enough to take root.

goldilocks scenario, theyre either too small/too big/too serious/too wild/mods are nazis etc. i just want to hear new bands/post stupid pics/post my fake news shit without getting yelled at and/or my shit deleted

this place? it isnt even a forum any more. the phantom-limbed memory of the catacombs of a spiders web entombed

Haha well we can make it more active again. Honestly I like the peace and quiet here. Haven't looked at the forum you mentioned in years,and don't want to again,but it's so hilarious you mention all they talk about is hot dogs and sausage cuz that place ain't nuthin but a sausage fest!!! lol. As a girl I feel safer here. No need to get into some back and forth with some pretentious sexist troll losers. That is the problem with alot of forums today imo. It's mostly alpha male dominated. i'd like to express my knowledge of music/art without some jerk trolling on me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:32 am 

copy and paste of my mega dummy-spit on SRL today

Quote:
Must confess, do have a morbid fascination with this forum. Have signed up to a million of these sites and never seen one like this. It's like some sort of ethnographical phpBB lord of the flies study or some shit.

Don't know much about the horribly history of vicious cruelty around this site but I think of this forum now as if it were a hikikomori household of 5 or 6 recluses, shut in for years with just their own filth for company. Parents (moderator) braindead and rotting in the corner, members left to fend for themselves. The stench and decay everywhere, they're inured to it, no longer notice it. Rotting pizza and hot dogs. Hygiene and manners long gone, they've gone feral. With such total unmoderated freedom to do and say what they want to anyone, they turn on each other occasionally but stay here in the darkness because they're out of options and after so long in each other's company it's a comfortably numb malaise.

Usually with these forii, of the top 10 or so most prolific posters, 3 or 4 will be thought of as dicks. And of the top 5 most prolific, 2 will be sworn mortal enemies. Except here, incredibly - and this is the defining point of this most peculiar forum - everyone except Adam and Renfield and a handful of others comes across as a mean wanker. And yet over years and years cooped up together, they've become convinced their shit dont stink. Some sort of collective herd arrogance and condescension as a coping mechanism or some jane goodall bullshit. "You're not funny." "Keep trying." "This is not your thing" to the newbie. Then the same poster will immediately turn around and post some dreadfully unfunny horseshit. When Lumpy or Jor El do this every single day I always think of the ugly stepsisters. Not saying I'm a Cinderalla but I don't have to do much to come out looking prettier than either of these two.

Then they'll post "we need more chicks here".

Oh dear.

They're not coming, old chap.

Nobody is.

Someone cracks a joke about having sex with a posters 3-year old daughter in the future. Everyone piles on. Sorry, but that's a fairly obvious ban for all concerned. Even a mental midget like me doesn't want to hang around that shit. Don't worry, the moderator will sort it out. Nope, that's his brain-dead corpse right there in the bukkake queue, propped up Weekend at Bernie's-style.

The near-total lack of self-deprecation by the remaining 6 or so here should've been another alarm bell. Never a good sign when the cultish delusion manifests itself as near-total self-belief.

I'm still the first new forum member to crack 100 posts in the last 5 years.

I will be the last.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:35 pm 

I just feel bad for the douche who must have actually paid the (edit:) alleged rapist actual money for the domain name.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:59 pm 

libertycaps wrote:
the douche who must have actually paid the (edit:) alleged rapist actual money for the domain name.

Crikey. That is a spicy meatball.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:00 pm 

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 64 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3